Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you're just pickin'. LOL

Comment

Not to mention parts of it are falling apart. When they were passing this monster, they said the CLASS act would bring in $80 billion. Now it would cost (not only the forced consumer) the government so much money they had to drop it.

The Obama Administration notified Congress today that the CLASS Act — Obamacare’s long-term care insurance plan — is flawed, unsustainable, and unable to go forward.... Read More

Originally posted by cbsnews
      The law required the administration to certify that CLASS would remain financially solvent for 75 years before it could be put into place.
      But officials said they discovered they could not make CLASS both affordable and financially solvent while keeping it a voluntary program open to virtually all workers, as the law also required.
      Monthly premiums would have ranged from $235 to $391, even as high as $3,000 under some scenarios, the administration said. At those prices, healthy people were unlikely to sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
        Lets look at me - i am the beat up old car you are talking about.

I have a pre-existing condition that prevents me from getting insurance. The answer is always "no" from the insurance companies. I can't argue with their decision, but i think that a smart insurance company would see me in a different way.

What i would like is to have the option to exclude the pre-existing condition from coverage - so if a happen to saw off a finger in the garage and have to rush to the emergency room i'd be covered - but the answer remains "no" because i have condition "x", which has NOTHING to do with my finger.

We are ALL getting older, and shit happens (it really does - you'll get old one day and understand). Think before you jump up on that soapbox. You may find yourself one day in my shoes
        I already have lifetime health insurance. Tricare Prime. Instead of using health insurance, which seems to be everyone's problem, how about shopping around to a family doctor and set up payment plans with them like our grandparents did. We didn't always have health insurance and remarkably, generations before us lived.

Tell me, if you were an insurance company and I brought to you a 1972 Dodge dart that was beat to hell and asked for full coverage, would you do it? If you knew that as a company if you wrote that policy, you were immediately liable for damage already done (blown motor, transmission slipping, brakes already wearing grooves into the rotors) would you insure it? Oh, you also have to take into account the driver is a 12 year old who has already had 20 accidents and doesn't show signs of actually getting a driver's license (high risk customers)

Tell me where you find the power, in the constitution, for the federal government to force a private company to put themselves in the position to invest in a bad deal which will immediately cost them more than they can take in in a lifetime of premiums?
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
          Not to mention parts of it are falling apart. When they were passing this monster, they said the CLASS act would bring in $80 billion. Now it would cost (not only the forced consumer) the government so much money they had to drop it.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/10/14/...res-class-act/
          I was laughing about this all day yesterday
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
          X