Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warren Buffett makes $62.8 million last year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Buffett makes $62.8 million last year...

I think it is outrageous that he pays $6 million and I disagree with him on this. But one thing he loves is a sure thing, demonstrated in the offer to wager below....

Warren Buffett has told a Republican Congressman that his adjusted gross income last year came to $62,855,038, with taxable income of $39,814,784. He also paid $15,300 in payroll taxes.

Warren Buffett Reveals His Adjusted Gross Income ($63M) .. and Offers to Show Even More

Warren Buffett has told a Republican Congressman that his adjusted gross income last year came to $62,855,038, with taxable income of $39,814,784. He also paid $15,300 in payroll taxes.

The numbers are from a letter sent by Buffett to Rep. Tim Hulskamp of Kansas, in response to the Congressman's request that Buffett release his full federal tax return amid the national debate over the Obama Administration's "Buffett Rule."

According to CNNMoney, Buffett again offered in the letter to release his full return if other members of the super-rich club, like Rupert Murdoch, do the same:

"If you could get other ultra rich Americans to publish their returns along with mine, that would be very useful to the tax dialogue and intelligent reform."

Answering those who are suggesting he's fudging the figures, he also offers a "pre-release wager" of any amount with anyone, that "the figures in my return will be exactly those used in my op-ed piece."
    That's a reference to his "Stop Coddling the Super-Rich" op-ed in the New York Times on August 14, in which he said his federal tax bill last year was $6,923,494, 17.4 percent of his taxable income.

Doing the math on those figures, you can figure out the $39.8 million taxable income. We didn't know, until now, his AGI. We also don't know exactly what accounts for the difference between that number and his taxable income.

In his Times piece, Buffett noted he paid a lower tax rate than anyone else in his office, and argued that wealthy Americans who get a lot of their income from capital gains should be paying more.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

A freshman republican called him out and offered to release his tax return if Buffet would as well. Buffet balked and said "No, anyone else?"
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      A freshman republican called him out and offered to release his tax return if Buffet would as well. Buffet balked and said "No, anyone else?"
      That is because he wants the other rich fucks to do the same. He already extended that challenge to Rupert Murdoch. He wants people to see that they pay less on a percentage basis than poor people. Like I said, I don't agree with him that anyone should pay more but I do admire how everything he does is well analyzed and executed.
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Flat tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
          Flat tax.
          Exactly. everyone gets the same protection from police, fire and military and should all pay the same

Comment

Exactly. everyone gets the same protection from police, fire and military and should all pay the same
            Goodluck.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
              Consumption tax.
              Pay for what you use and nothing more. You want to donate to charity, good for you - your choice. You don't want to, that's your choice as well.

Comment

He'd be dangerous if he wasn't so retarded.

Comment

And by everyone pays, I mean EVERYONE. Illegals, young, old, if you're making a dollar, you're paying 10% of that.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                    Pay for what you use and nothing more. You want to donate to charity, good for you - your choice. You don't want to, that's your choice as well.
                    This. I'd even be in favor of a small flat tax % for everyone and then consumption tax. Those of us that spend wisely shouldn't have to pay the bills for those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      He'd be dangerous if he wasn't so retarded.
                      Not really retarded, he just plain doesn't care. In fact he is probably going to go down as one of the best capitalist minds in history. You don't like him because he views politics as a very minor concern and endorses whoever he feels like. I think you mistake him for a master manipulator. But he's just a social liberal that views politicians as having a very minor effect on our way of life because our system is the best in the world. I believe in his mind endorsing Obama is like saying he likes Coke over Pepsi, I don't think it really means that much to him at the end of the day. He is also arrogant about his opinion and to me that is understandable, he has made billions of dollars off of his opinion and doesn't care what people think even though he has been wrong many times. His investing approach is that you don't have to be right all the time in anything you do as long as you don't do anything that is really, really stupid you will be successful. I think he takes that same view about the system we have in this country. As long as we don't elect Hitler, we'll be fine.

Now, I don't agree with him on some of that, I'm just explaining how he thinks. And I have made a nice stack of money understanding how he thinks and why he thinks it.

Comment

Exactly how is Mr Buffett not paying his fair share of taxes? It looks to me like he forked over nearly $7,000,000 in taxes in one year. That is nearly 160 years of INCOME for a US median income family. If you ask me I would say that he is over taxed. What exactly does he get in return for his $7,000,000?
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

No we don't, for example, the FBI is on the case of Scarlett Johanson's "sexting" pictures going public.

You think the FBI would even so much as return a phone call if you claimed someone leaked texts containing pics of your dick?

Just sayin'
                          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            Exactly how is Mr Buffett not paying his fair share of taxes? It looks to me like he forked over nearly $7,000,000 in taxes in one year. That is nearly 160 years of INCOME for a US median income family.
                            Percentages, you can't explain that! lulz
                            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                              Exactly how is Mr Buffett not paying his fair share of taxes? It looks to me like he forked over nearly $7,000,000 in taxes in one year. That is nearly 160 years of INCOME for a US median income family. If you ask me I would say that he is over taxed. What exactly does he get in return for his $7,000,000?
                              He should pay more just "because". That is the only answer you will ever get. Even from him. I don't agree with social liberals and I think it is all bullshit. Big government is a dangerous thing, we get more proof every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X