• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obama's job act- you will be paying for 421 billion of it

so much for "paid for"

September 12, 2011
    White House proposes to pay for jobs bill with tax increases

The White House today is proposing to pay for its new jobs bill entirely with tax increases.

It proposes these tax increases:

--Limiting itemized deductions for incomes above $200,000 and family incomes above $250,000. Total: $400 billion over 10 years;

--Treat carried interest as ordinary income rather than as capital gains. Total: $18 billion;

--Raises taxes on oil and gas. Total: $40 billion

--Increase taxes on corporate jets. Total: $3 billion.

Read more: http://blogs.mcclatchydc.com/washing...#ixzz1XrgJ6UcA
    Last edited by SMKR; 09-12-2011, 02:03 PM.

1 - Your link is broken.
    2 - While I don't doubt that Obama was lying when he said it was paid for, I won't take FACTS from some mouthbreathing cheeto eating blogger. Post a credible source.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      1 - Your link is broken.
      2 - While I don't doubt that Obama was lying when he said it was paid for, I won't take FACTS from some mouthbreathing cheeto eating blogger. Post a credible source.
      I was hoping for an interesting read. Stupid [/broken]link lol
      Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

So do I still get my mortgage interest and property tax deductions?

Comment

This asshole can't come up with an originaly fuckin' idea.

How about cutting something to pay for it?

Better yet, how about you just do what you do best. Nothing much.

I don't know how big of a tax that corporate jet tax is but I bet it does the same kind of damage Clinton's yacht tax did on the boating industry.

Comment

Yes...lets end the tax breaks, effectively allowing the companies to make less/charge more and then watch the tax revenues decrease as the companies can't sell as much and/or their margins get smaller.

As for Corporate jets, how about he fly Air Force 1 less (him AND his wife) and the rest of the Dems stop flying Air Force planes for junkets?
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              Yes...lets end the tax breaks, effectively allowing the companies to make less/charge more and then watch the tax revenues decrease as the companies can't sell as much and/or their margins get smaller.

As for Corporate jets, how about he fly Air Force 1 less (him AND his wife) and the rest of the Dems stop flying Air Force planes for junkets?
              ENd the breaks all they will do to offset their costs is pass it off to the consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                ENd the breaks all they will do to offset their costs is pass it off to the consumer.
                Or shit-can enough employee's to cover the extra cost.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                  Right...and the product then costs more and consumers buy less. OR product costs more and they make less margin which is less to tax.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I burst out laughing when I saw this story today. This isn't even really a jobs plan, this is him trying to play politics and blaming the Republicans for not doing anything about the jobs situation. I can't wait to see this dumbass lose.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Latest headline:

"We can't just sit back and squabble.."

what it really means:

"We can't just sit back and squabble, we have to raise taxes now!"
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

There is nothing Obama can do to help whats going on. He's completely impotent. He lacks the intelligence to form some sort of working compromise. IMO we don't really even have a president right now. We got this guy in there who can't accomplish anything at all, except for talking in circles in speeches that don't make sense unless you read between the lines.

Comment

Did you tools just conveniently ignore the fact that more than half of the bill ($250 billion) is tax breaks for small business? No, you're too busy looking at the tax hikes.

Derp.
                          Originally posted by StanleyTweedle
                          Yep, [Obama] is a racist food stamp president. He's much more racist than any white person I've met. He hates the jews and all the various whites.
                          LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Durantula View Post
                            Did you tools just conveniently ignore the fact that more than half of the bill ($250 billion) is tax breaks for small business? No, you're too busy looking at the tax hikes.

Derp.
                            Did you ignore the fact that half of the bill is tax increases? Tool.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                            X