Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "bug-out" collapse thread.

For all things "shit hits the fan."

Feel free to post pics of your bug-out bag, vehicle, compound, tin-foil hat collection etc.

Just some random web pics to get things going.

US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

My projected home if shit ever goes down

Comment

I want to build a compound all of the sudden.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
          I want to build a compound all of the sudden.
          Im already in the planning stages. Looking for good land now.

Also trying to think up what my religion will be and how i will be the peoples messiah when all hell breaks loose and they come begging to enter my compound.

Comment

Fucking crazies...

Comment

I have 10. 5 acres surrounded by cattle and stock tanks topped with fish. If things go badly I can hold out here for a while, there's plenty of water and meat. I am also trading my 66 Mustang for a 77 Jeep CJ5 so I'll have a 4 wheel drive.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Da gub-a-ment will take care of mah fambly.

Comment

Does anyone have any links to gamma lids running less than $11 bucks? I need more

Comment

So where can you buy land FAR from civilization, in a mild climate, that would have a good chance of having well-water???

I know it's a big vague. I'm just talking about some place where you can survive easily. Raise livestock, grow produce, have access to water, preferably mild winters. The closer to DFW the better, meaning, sure somewhere in Idaho would be great, but if something wild were to happen I would rather it be within a few hours drive, or heaven forbid, a few days walking distance, rather than 1500 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      I have 10. 5 acres surrounded by cattle and stock tanks topped with fish. If things go badly I can hold out here for a while, there's plenty of water and meat. I am also trading my 66 Mustang for a 77 Jeep CJ5 so I'll have a 4 wheel drive.

That's a good bug out vehicle. EMP resistant as well.

I'm looking for one for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                        That's a good bug out vehicle. EMP resistant as well.

I'm looking for one for next year.
                        For years I've wanted a "simple" car for a 2nd vehicle. Not something I've ever been really serious about, but every now and then I think about something simple and "overbuilt."

By overbuilt I mean using parts of higher quality/strength in a fairly run of the mill application. Maybe something like a 250-300 horse SBC using stout internals, well built transmission, beefy rear-end in something old and simple.

Manual windows, locks, steering, no stereo, Possibly no a/c or heat, no emissions, no efi, just simple as can be.

Should last forever with very basic maintenance.

Comment

That was my intention. She even has points. You can't get much more simple than she is. I'm going to set up a rifle pintle across the rollbars. Bad comes to worse, I lock everything down and set up a rotating guard schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                            For years I've wanted a "simple" car for a 2nd vehicle. Not something I've ever been really serious about, but every now and then I think about something simple and "overbuilt."

By overbuilt I mean using parts of higher quality/strength in a fairly run of the mill application. Maybe something like a 250-300 horse SBC using stout internals, well built transmission, beefy rear-end in something old and simple.

Manual windows, locks, steering, no stereo, Possibly no a/c or heat, no emissions, no efi, just simple as can be.

Should last forever with very basic maintenance.
                            Seen this Jeep have you?

She doesn't even have a stereo. The guy is bringing her in from the Gulf on the 14th as well as bringing me a whole wild hog as part of the deal

Comment

Only problem is, if you don't live on the land that you're going to flee to, you might die attempting to get there. If the shit's really hit the fan and you need to avoid starving roving crowds. Also, I'm thinking that places in north america might not be the best idea. Without the support of society, winters are going to be quite harsh. Sure you're going to have your stored up supplies, but those winters are going to drain them rapidly. The best places for easy survival would be all those little islands and costal regions down by the equator. Very easy to gather fish and crab and fruit with minimal work. No winters there, and easy food resupply.

Comment

Working...
                              X