Exxon-Mobile addresses US motorists on fuel prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
    just because oil is 85 90 a barrel doesn't mean that is what refineries are paying.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. As CJ says below, if that's what market price is, why would Exxon pay more for crude they don't produce? Who pays above market price, for anything? That's not just for crude oil, that's anything.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    According to the article that is what the refineries are paying. If Exxon doesn't produce the oil, then they have to pay current market price for that oil in order to refine it. Did you read the article?
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      True. Thank god the I banks and hedge funds don't have to deal with that!
      Yeah they get it, but they don't get HALF of the scrutiny that the oil companies get, and yet its the speculators on wall street at the bottom of it. The general public doesnt get it. Its all Exxons fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        And the mafia, drug cartels, televangelists...
        Yeah, but at least 99% of the public knows what the mafia, drug cartels, etc. actually do.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Yeah they get it, but they don't get HALF of the scrutiny that the oil companies get, and yet its the speculators on wall street at the bottom of it. The general public doesnt get it. Its all Exxons fault.
          The general public will believe what they are told. Right now they are told that banks, Wall Street and oil companies are bad.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            The general public will believe what they are told. Right now they are told that banks, Wall Street and oil companies are bad.
            I wont argue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              "Down with I-banks, oil companies, and hedge funds... I saw it on TV!! Think for yourself and hate them too!!"
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

"Down with I-banks, oil companies, and hedge funds... I saw it on TV!! Think for yourself and hate them too!!"
                I just wonder how much Goldman Sachs intentionally spreads disinformation and then shorts that evil company, Goldman Sachs. Would be a pretty good scam to sheer the sheep.

I wonder how many shares they went short on when that story came out last week about Blankfine's new lawyer.
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

You know this is exactly what I was talking about in that other thread.
                  Sheeple parrot the info they get from some inflammatory talking head without thinking for themselves or fact checking.

Later guys. Gotta go think for myself because somebody told me to.
                  Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                  Two points;

A) You're smarter than most people.

B) Even smart people drank the kool-aid.

Seriously, think about some of the BS that gets forwarded to your inbox. Perhaps your friends/family are really with it, but mine sure aren't. I'm still being forwarded lies about 9/11 shit 10 years later.
                  People are d-u-m-b.
                  US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I'm not sure what you mean by this. As CJ says below, if that's what market price is, why would Exxon pay more for crude they don't produce? Who pays above market price, for anything? That's not just for crude oil, that's anything.
                    the US does use WTI as a benchmark but we also import gas from europe and we export diesel so there is some blending in prices there. we export diesel because it is high sulfur which cannot be sold here in the US with epa regs.
                    Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 08-31-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                      Not sure what crappy legislation your talking about but utilizing American resources is a good thing. Anything pertaining to that I support.
                      Did my point sail right over your head? ANY government intervention in any of the industries I pointed out is bad. It drives cost skyward. I'm a massive proponent of drill here, drill now, drill faster, drill deeper, drill sideways, just drill. Coal is in abundance, dig it.

Comment

Yeah, but at least 99% of the public knows what the mafia, drug cartels, etc. actually do.
                        Touche

Comment

You all are forgetting to factor in the devaluation of the dollar. Any bank can currently borrow all the dollars they want at near zero percent interest. The dollar is worthless. Try borrowing Chinese yuan at zero percent.....

We are lucky you can buy gas with dollars at all with these idiots in charge.

Oil has value, dollars do not.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            You all are forgetting to factor in the devaluation of the dollar. Any bank can currently borrow all the dollars they want at near zero percent interest. The dollar is worthless. Try borrowing Chinese yuan at zero percent.....

We are lucky you can buy gas with dollars at all with these idiots in charge.

Oil has value, dollars do not.
                            Banks issue loans on currency they get interest-free from the Treasury through the Fed. Banks also purchase bonds from the Treasury on that interest-free currency, only to be repaid at like 4% from the Treasury so they can repay the initial loan from the Treasury at zero percent (keep in mind the Fed will take 6% for operating costs).

Now how does that not equal a fucked up situation!?!

Ya, I don't forget about the dollar situation much. Jody will hopefully chime in and show me where this post is flawwed (which I hope it is).

Comment

The key to remember is that inflation is real. Oil is a valuable commodity and dollars are rapidly becoming monopoly money.

Heck we should all start trading in monopoly money. At. Least its made of paper.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                The key to remember is that inflation is real. Oil is a valuable commodity and dollars are rapidly becoming monopoly money.

Heck we should all start trading in monopoly money. At. Least its made of paper.
                                Most "US Dollars" aren't even paper, just electronic digits. i have learned, however, that some inflation is necessary as our economic situations change. Unfortunately, I don't think the world's eprception and trust will play favorably to the dollar's benefit. With a fiat currency, perception and trust is all that backs it.

Comment

Working...
                                X