No announcement yet.

Ron Paul on FNC with Chris Wallace 8/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A complete withdrawl out of these two countries would be just as irresponsible as staying in this capacity. Now that we've completely gutted both countries' governing bodies, we have an obligation to set them up for success before we get out. Iraq would be the next Oklahoma land grab if we just cut and run. Very unfortunate. We do need to withdraw as quickly as responsibly possible (which we are now), but this should have been done at least two years ago, if not earlier.

Up until just a couple months back, we were full- operation without an end date. I then get notice to drop everything and close this base by mid September, then November and now they want me here until 31 December.

Comment

Why S. Korea? It's just a money pit. That's what we get for not completing a job from the 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        Ron Paul simply feels that Iran is more of an Israel problem than a US problem. If Iran wants to try and actually build a few nuclear bombs, that's their prerogative. Just like it's Israel's prerogative to blow up those factories and wipe them off the face of the planet if the were to use one on them.
        Right. Neither side asked for our input or help. In fact, if we weren't a speed bump in this, the whole issue would have been resolved already.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Wrong Paul, go Dr. Bernanke!!
          Ya... please go!

Comment

I think we need to stop playing world police...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              A complete withdrawl out of these two countries would be just as irresponsible as staying in this capacity. Now that we've completely gutted both countries' governing bodies, we have an obligation to set them up for success before we get out. Iraq would be the next Oklahoma land grab if we just cut and run. Very unfortunate. We do need to withdraw as quickly as responsibly possible (which we are now), but this should have been done at least two years ago, if not earlier.

Up until just a couple months back, we were full- operation without an end date. I then get notice to drop everything and close this base by mid September, then November and now they want me here until 31 December.
              Only because you wouldn't be collecting that hefty paycheck if we completely withdrew, eh? We don't nation-build. We kick ass and we're good at it. Leave the nation-building to the UN.

And why S. Korea? Because KJI is a crazy asshole with nuclear weapons, that's why.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                Only because you wouldn't be collecting that hefty paycheck if we completely withdrew, eh? We don't nation-build. We kick ass and we're good at it. Leave the nation-building to the UN.

And why S. Korea? Because KJI is a crazy asshole with nuclear weapons, that's why.
                Nope. Been over here trying to close this, not carry it through another year. I already turned down a 30% raise to go to Afghanistan once this closes (that's a lot of money).

We shouldn't be nation building or putting other countries in the position for us to need to nation build. We should only be terminating our threats, not the whole region associated. We're behind all of this uprising going on. We're out of control.

KJI is not our problem either. It should have never gotten this far.

Comment

denny what do you do? are they hiring?
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                    denny what do you do? are they hiring?
                    We work environmental projects for the Air Force, but as of right now, we're just completing these jobs left out here and shutting down. Afghanistan has a waste water project if you have a license for it.

The only thing on my plate after this is a remediation contract for the Navy in the South Pacific islands, but my company is holding off sending me so that I finish this one out.

Comment

Most certainly not, but my ideal candidate wouldn't be such a moron to claim Iran to not be a threat to us or Israel. It's so absurd, it would be laughable if he wasn't serious.
                      The good news is that the rest of Washington is perfectly willing to get involved in armed conflicts, so he'd balance out nicely. Very rarely is a President able to single-handedly make a unilateral decision like that; it's the great thing about checks and balances. His looniest ideas won't ever have a shot because of it, and that's why anyone afraid of those few ideas they don't agree with should feel very comfortable with him.

Comment

Because he wants to withdraw troops from bases and thinks that Iran is not a threat to anyone.
                        Iran may be a threat to some, but not to us.

Ahmadinejad isn't the HNIC over there for one so his rants aren't that big of a deal. The only reason he talks so much shit is because he knows the US holds Israel back. Let Israel loose and he'll shut up quick.

If this imperialism was profitable no one would be complaining, but as is we can't afford it.
                        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                          The good news is that the rest of Washington is perfectly willing to get involved in armed conflicts, so he'd balance out nicely. Very rarely is a President able to single-handedly make a unilateral decision like that; it's the great thing about checks and balances. His looniest ideas won't ever have a shot because of it, and that's why anyone afraid of those few ideas they don't agree with should feel very comfortable with him.
                          Same can be said for any President, though. Look what the past two have done.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Same can be said for any President, though. Look what the past two have done.
                            They made some big moves with a backing Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              I think we need to stop playing world police...
                              Either that, or settle it. One or the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X