Discovery Channel on the Secret Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovery Channel on the Secret Service

They are showing 'the beast' or the presidential limo. They're showing the armor and how it can stop pretty much everything. Wonder if an RPG would effect it any and if it won't, why don't we have it on our HMMV's?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I would imagine that the armor on the beast was tailored for just such a weapon, being as they are about as easy to get as a rock overseas. I think if they had put equivalent armor on a HMMV, they would have been even bigger turds than the standard up-armored one is. It would be protection vs. being able to do more than 30mph. DARPA has been working on some pretty cool counter-RPG stuff, I think they call it "the curtain" or something like that.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

We have reactive armor on our Bradleys that I know for a fact handle RPG fire. I was being med eva'd in one that was hit twice and it tossed us sideways. The thing about something that is "x proof" makes me try to figure out how to bypass that.

Comment

Face it, the US government cares more about the President and Congress than they do about the military that they send into war.

Ever see a Secret Service member without body armor?
        Ever see a member of the US military in a combat zone without body armor?
        I rest my case.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Quite a few people got close to killing CLinton didn't they? One guy flies a plane into the WH while another opens fire with what looked like an AK

Comment

Shits not perfect but its come along way since you got popped. The MWRAP is a cool mofo we were getting em right before I got out. The stand off armour that they're putting on strykers is fairly effective too when you consider how cheap it was to install. Hell even personal body armour has evolved. I know I wouldn't want to hump those fucking interceptor vests or mtvs around Afghanistan if I could trade SLIGHT protection loss for massive weightloss like the plate carrier vest offers. 5-6 yrs may not seem long but military equipment evolved massively since early ops in Iraq.

Comment

I'm glad to hear it. SAPE plates sucked along with our loadouts and weapons systems. Hell,e ven the Kevlars fit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I'm glad to hear it. SAPE plates sucked along with our loadouts and weapons systems. Hell,e ven the Kevlars fit better.
                Oh I'm with ya I spent the first half of my first tour in a green interceptor pos. It took em 3 months to "suggest" we spray paint our shit brown because those dipshit haji's outside the wire mistakenly believed that shit on LCpl's with distinctive colored armor were officers or other special ranking people. Meanwhile d-bag supply officer who's nothing but a base rat on the MEC had a fucking MTV before the grunts had em.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  Face it, the US government cares more about the President and Congress than they do about the military that they send into war.

Ever see a Secret Service member without body armor?
                  Ever see a member of the US military in a combat zone without body armor?
                  I rest my case.
                  That's how that works. A government has a dispute, and if it escalates to violence, its military takes over negotiation through the medium of violence. If you don't agree with what your government is doing, why serve in the first place?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    That's how that works. A government has a dispute, and if it escalates to violence, its military takes over negotiation through the medium of violence. If you don't agree with what your government is doing, why serve in the first place?
                    Serving in the military is not about agreeing with the government; it is about supporting and defending the constitution, and the American people.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Serving in the military is not about agreeing with the government; it is about supporting and defending the constitution, and the American people.
                      In principle, that's how it should work. In practice, the military functions as the applied force of this nation's government's political will.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I agree. But I can also agree with not going into the service because you don't want to be a tool of those scum. I can see both points of view.

Comment

I thought "the beast" was the code for Michelle?

Comment

Working...
                          X