Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this the worst period in our history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this the worst period in our history?

I am only 29, so I don't have alot of personal experience under my belt. I can only go off others personal experiences and history I know. I can understand this time period taking a back seat to the great depression and WWII, but i cant help but think we are at our lowest point since then. The economy is in a downward spiral as todays stock market proved. We are fighting at least two wars and no tellng how many black ops are going on. We struggle to have any faith in our "leaders". We all fear we are now living in a nanny state with no way of reversing our past political decisions on the subject. Our infrastructure is crumbling bit by bit while companies like the NTTA our charging us out the ass for the actual good roads. Our education system is falling behind the rest of the world at an alarming rate. We are creating generations and a class that cares nothing about real issues unless they pertain to their Facebook relationship status being updated.

I guess my real question is, is it safe to say this is the worst we have seen in our lifetime?

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I am only 29, so I don't have alot of personal experience under my belt. I can only go off others personal experiences and history I know. I can understand this time period taking a back seat to the great depression and WWII, but i cant help but think we are at our lowest point since then. The economy is in a downward spiral as todays stock market proved. We are fighting at least two wars and no tellng how many black ops are going on. We struggle to have any faith in our "leaders". We all fear we are now living in a nanny state with no way of reversing our past political decisions on the subject. Our infrastructure is crumbling bit by bit while companies like the NTTA our charging us out the ass for the actual good roads. Our education system is falling behind the rest of the world at an alarming rate. We are creating generations and a class that cares nothing about real issues unless they pertain to their Facebook relationship status being updated.

I guess my real question is, is it safe to say this is the worst we have seen in our lifetime?
    Pretty damn close. Are you prepared?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

We don need no water let this motha fvcka burn!!

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Pretty damn close. Are you prepared?
        My plan is to obtain Intel detailing the exact location of denny's compound.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          My plan is to obtain Intel detailing the exact location of denny's compound.
          The location is one thing. Getting in is another. Are ya sure you can afford the risk? lol

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            The location is one thing. Getting in is another. Are ya sure you can afford the risk? lol
            I will just walk slowly toward the compound with my hands in the air holding pictures of the 2011 forney high school cheerleaders. I know he wont resist my offering.

Comment

Today's stock market didn't prove anything except that people are scared little lemmings. When economic data comes out and says we are in a recession then you can panic. That will be six months from now.

And just to let you know, most recessions are triggered by a lack of credit. That doesn't exist today. We are also about to have a lot of people with money in their pockets, oil futures are at $79 right now.

I'd say September 11, 2001 and the period shortly thereafter was the worst time recently. Mainly because the stock market was just as scared on top of the worst terrorist attack ever on our soil.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

No.

The presidency of James Buchanan was much, much worse. Also the time after the civil war was probably the worst time in our history. The Gilded Age as it is called is what I consider the lost portion of our history.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Today's stock market didn't prove anything except that people are scared little lemmings. When economic data comes out and says we are in a recession then you can panic. That will be six months from now.

And just to let you know, most recessions are triggered by a lack of credit. That doesn't exist today. We are also about to have a lot of people with money in their pockets, oil futures are at $79 right now.

I'd say September 11, 2001 and the period shortly thereafter was the worst time recently. Mainly because the stock market was just as scared on top of the worst terrorist attack ever on our soil.
                  But at least after 9/11 we had a clear cut direction imo. Now I feel no one has a clue what the direction this country should go in is.

Comment

This country has seen worse. The thing that concerns me now is the division in our political system. These clowns can't do anything right. I don't trust them to get us back on the right path.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      This country has seen worse. The thing that concerns me now is the division in our political system. These clowns can't do anything right. I don't trust them to get us back on the right path.
                      Just Warren Buffet, eh?
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                        Just Warren Buffet, eh?
                        Burn... sizzle.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I think the division in our political system is so bad now there is a deeper canyon in the division of our society. You have left on one side and right on the other. Hell my own sister won't speak to the rest of the family because she is an Obama nutswinger and a democrat. That choice to not speak to us is on her and we don't even talk politics in the house around her.

I think it is a party line that will be a long time before it is fixed.

Comment

I don't understand being blindly loyal to anything, especially a fucking POLITICAL PARTY. Seeing dumbass bumper stickers like "Texas Democrat" or "Republicans are the coolest dudes ever" makes me want to punch babies.

Comment

Financially,the late 70's- early 80's were worse....13% inflation, interest rates hit 21%, unemployment was 10%...gold hit $850 and gas was $1.60 a gallon - if you adjust for 32 years of inflation those prices are higher than now.

Chrysler & Lockheed got government bailouts, the Savings & Loan Crisis where 25% of all US S&L's went out of business, not to mention bank bailouts .....and I remember talk of monetary collapse - as in the US dollar.
                              Last edited by white trash wagon; 08-08-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X