New law unfairly targets poor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    I've seen non-WIC stuff get flagged when people try to buy stuff on that system (whatever it is). I would think something similar could be done?

CASH, though, would be nearly impossible. IMO, just shut down the cash option. Why do they need cash for the essentials?
    If anyone read the article.. it explained it was a cash assistance program in which they could go to an ATM and draw cash out on the card. This is so it could be used to pay bills such as rent, electricity, and other essential things needed to live day to day. It is not a program such as lonestar or WIC that is aimed only towards food needs and such.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Since there is no way to enforce this it is really just a pointless law that the government will spend money trying to defend. I also don't agree with the fining of the store owners, they aren't the police and have no place in regulating how people spend their money based on where it came from.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
        I remember a little thing called the W.P.A..

Too bad it'll never happen again.
        I'm about to use a WPA bridge on the way home, if I get bored or traffic is backed up I might use one of the roads they built as well. If unemployment keeps rising like it is we may not have a choice but to bring it back.

Comment

I love how all of the advocates paint it as the poor being singled out, and turn right around and say "but we're not doing anything wrong". To paraphrase Bill Shakespeare, me thinks thou doth protest too much.

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
          I remember a little thing called the W.P.A..

Too bad it'll never happen again.
          You remember it? I knew you were old, but wow.
          Seriously, they really should bring it back. Like my Dad always said, "an honest days pay for an honest days work". Of course, with the current crop of candidates, nothing they built would last 5 years.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            If anyone read the article.. it explained it was a cash assistance program in which they could go to an ATM and draw cash out on the card. This is so it could be used to pay bills such as rent, electricity, and other essential things needed to live day to day. It is not a program such as lonestar or WIC that is aimed only towards food needs and such.
            Ah...c'mon. Nearly everywhere takes plastic these days. It's BS they have to have cash.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              I read the article. Where is the right of the leech to suck off the work of the taxpayer? Why do I owe them cash when I'm already paying for food stamps and WIC and medicare, Medicaid?
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It's a feel good law with no teeth for enforcement. Come back when they make a law they can actually enforce.

Comment

Don't think the tobacco lobby will sit around and really let something like this ever happen...

Comment

as long as they can still buy crack their shouldnt be a problem

Comment

Working...
                    X