New law unfairly targets poor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New law unfairly targets poor

Yeah right. No more using your cash benefits for lotto, cigs or alcohol.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

That's awesome! Things like this need to keep on keepin on!

Comment

Critics say the bill, signed by Gov. Deval Patrick last week, does nothing more than stigmatize low-income people as prone to vices and irresponsible with money.
      No shit? Who knew?

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Holy hell! Legislation like this from Massachusetts???
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I have to give a hat tip to the Wilkow Majority. I love getting the articles he uses on his show. This one blew me away. Something for Texas to look at?

Comment

I am going to write Perry and the Lt Gov about this and see if we can get it here

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              I am going to write Perry and the Lt Gov about this and see if we can get it here
              Make sure you mention the drug testing requirement also. K? Thanks
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

The idea is great.... but after reading the article there is no way of enforcing it without spending more money on an agency to come up with a new plan or somehow monitor how the people spend the CASH taken out of the ATM.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Simple solution would be to stop the cash benefits.

Comment

Yea... the simple solution would be to do away with all welfare programs. It won't happen.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I agree I think they should have to be drug tested first, and then you can't spend the money on "non-essentials" like alch, cigs, lotto, hookers, blow, all that stuff !
                      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Think about that again. That is the only money we the tax payers ever get back from the welfare part of society. I do agree on the drug testing. I also am in favor of the shots to prevent pregnancy. One baby free.......No shot, no check after that. It would take a while, but it would eliminate a lot of future payments. But, the hospitals, Walmart, and HEB Grocery would raise hell. The teacher's union would complain because of the decline in the need for teachers. Big corporate agriculture would fight all the way to the bank to keep the "Hands Out" crowd out there breeding and getting larger.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                          The idea is great.... but after reading the article there is no way of enforcing it without spending more money on an agency to come up with a new plan or somehow monitor how the people spend the CASH taken out of the ATM.
                          I've seen non-WIC stuff get flagged when people try to buy stuff on that system (whatever it is). I would think something similar could be done?

CASH, though, would be nearly impossible. IMO, just shut down the cash option. Why do they need cash for the essentials?
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Forced labor before receiving benefits would be an ever better solution. I know it's radical to expect people to contribute something to society in order to receive a handout but it's a good idea regardless. It's not the governments job to put food on your plate.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Forced labor before receiving benefits would be an ever better solution. I know it's radical to expect people to contribute something to society in order to receive a handout but it's a good idea regardless. It's not the governments job to put food on your plate.
                              I remember a little thing called the W.P.A..

Too bad it'll never happen again.

Comment

Working...
                              X