No announcement yet.

Chopper downed in Afg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just hit 16 of our fuel tankers in a convoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Nuke the bastards from orbit....

It's the only way to be sure...

Comment

I didn't want to hear this, but Alex Jones said something was going to be staged about SEAL Team 6 just after their mission with Osama.

Does anyone else happen to have it or remember when it was? .
        I listened to that episode on my drive back from Santa Fe. Let me go through my log and see what night it was.

Comment

They tear up our convoys in PAK, easy targets. The drivers already get shot at a lot as it is. The first sign of danger they grab their envelope of cash they use to bribe my fuel department and cut and run.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            They tear up our convoys in PAK, easy targets. The drivers already get shot at a lot as it is. The first sign of danger they grab their envelope of cash they use to bribe my fuel department and cut and run.
            KBS, I'd like to know your take on Afghanistan in general....

Is this thing even "winnable" given the current ROE and policies?

Or are we just fucking on a slip-n-slide at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
              KBS, I'd like to know your take on Afghanistan in general....

Is this thing even "winnable" given the current ROE and policies?

Or are we just fucking on a slip-n-slide at this point?
              I can not really post my take in general on the internet. I think it is necessary, winnable is different, we have already won.

Comment

I can not really post my take in general on the internet. I think it is necessary, winnable is different, we have already won.
                Understood on both counts...

Comment

Nation building in these countries is a futile effort best not even attempted. It will always fail. We did our job with Obama, so let's get the fuck out of there and concentrate on our REAL priorities here.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Scorched earth policy or GTFO at this point. Let them cut each others heads off and bark at the moon all they want if that's what they prefer. IMO anything we need to do at this point could be handled with heavy conventional bombing missions which are cheap/ fairly safe. Fuck everyone in the area just clean it out grid by grid.

Comment

We need to withdraw and then destroy everything living for 2 countries.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Damn. One of the Seals was an Arlington resident, and graduated from the same high school as I did, a year before.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Damn. One of the Seals was an Arlington resident, and graduated from the same high school as I did, a year before.
                          Where are you getting that from? What HS did he go to? I am 35, a 1994 graduate of AHS.

Odd that they are putting this type of stuff out there. Disclosing their identity should be a NISPOM violation and should cost someone their Secret or in this matter their TS.

Comment

Where are you getting that from? What HS did he go to? I am 35, a 1994 graduate of AHS.

Odd that they are putting this type of stuff out there. Disclosing their identity should be a NISPOM violation and should cost someone their Secret or in this matter their TS.

It was on KLUV this morning. I'm guessing his grad date as 94 But it could be 93, since they said he was 36. I was Martin, class of 95. I think they said his name was Matt Miller?

Comment

ARLINGTON — The team of Navy SEALs killed in Afghanistan this weekend includes an elite fighter from North Texas. Matt Mills, 35, graduated from James Martin High School in Arlington.
                              The father of three was on a helicopter shot down by enemy forces Friday night.
                              "Matt was a proud American. He served his country with pride," said his cousin, J.B. Abbott. "He loved his brothers that he fought with."
                              "He was very humble and never boasted what he did, but he was good at it," said Mills' sister, Ashley. "He loved what he did. And he loved his teammates and brothers."
                              Mills looked up to his grandfather because the veteran enlisted with the Marines after the attack on Pearl Harbor — a decision that motivated Mills to chase his goals.
                              "He did what he wanted to do," Abbott said. "He always wanted to be a Navy SEAL. Just love him very much. I'm proud of him."
                              The Texas native got married just a few months ago. He and his wife, Keri have a one-year-old son in Virginia.
                              Mills also leaves behind a 13-year-old daughter and an 18-year-old son from a previous marriage in Oklahoma.
                              Mills was planning to come home in October to attend his sister's wedding in Dallas, but he wasn't planning on retiring any time soon.
                              He wanted to serve six more years with the Navy.
                              Mills enlisted in the Navy nearly 14 years ago, serving first on the USS Kinkaid, but he accomplished his dream 10 years ago when he became a member of the Navy SEALs.
                              The chief petty officer has served in at least one mission in Iraq and Afghanistan every year for the past 10 years. He never talked about his secret missions, but he was extremely proud.
                              Mills will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Family and friends are also planning to hold private memorials in Oklahoma, Virginia and Central Texas.

Comment

I heard on the news that the only helicopter that can go up to that altitude is the Chinook, which is what got hit and crashed. The former military man, giving the info, said they really need a apache type heli that can offer air support. The best they can do is have a team of seals sitting in a heli flying around all night, WAITING for a call to get dropped off and go kill some people.

Just wondering is there is any new helicopters in the works? (doubt it)

Comment

Working...
                                X