Friday job numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Good luck, word on the street is that the US loses its AAA rating from S&P this weekend.
    Even though I know it is much deserved, it's gonna suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      We'll see, it may just be a rumour, all I have heard is that they are "taking action". In some countries where they have downgraded, nothing substantial happens.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

We're talking S&P, not Fitch. It will affect investor outlook to the US. This is why they're trying everything to make bond buying sound like a half-decent idea right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
          zombies?
          The undead do not count. Same for the nosferatu.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

We're talking S&P, not Fitch. It will affect investor outlook to the US. This is why they're trying everything to make bond buying sound like a half-decent idea right now.
            Buy side institutional firms are mandated to hold xx% of assets in triple A rated securities. A downgrade could affect a hell of a lot more than sentiment.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Buy side institutional firms are mandated to hold xx% of assets in triple A rated securities. A downgrade could affect a hell of a lot more than sentiment.
              And that is the wild card. Down the ladder of debtholders the largest domestic ones behind the Fed are these institutional holders. But my question is, where do they go with that money? Who buys what they dump? I'm not sure what they can do.
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

PIMCO doesn't have to worry about it. LOL

Comment

I jumped out of the market for a while as of this afternoon. I will hold cash for a little bit and catch some deals but more diversified. Truth is all my money besides my physical silver was in two blue chips and one was trading lower this week then when I bought it (1991) and has traded even lower by 2008 numbers.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

And that is the wild card. Down the ladder of debtholders the largest domestic ones behind the Fed are these institutional holders. But my question is, where do they go with that money? Who buys what they dump? I'm not sure what they can do.
                    Exactly. A lot of the buy-siders I know (and the hedge fund I worked for) had the RFP's written as "in case of xxxxx, this is the course of action." Let's be honest, the smart money has known the US sucks for years.
                    These treasury and cash holding requirements are also 1 of 3 main reasons it's damned hard to beat your bogey when managing money. By the time you earn management fees, and cash holdings you actually have to beat your benchmark by about 3% on a consistent basis. When you include the fact that your hamstrung by your benchmark as to your investable assets, the size of your trades (greatly impacts entry and exit points), and you're evaluated on a risk-adjusted basis...it's damned difficult to consistently outperform a broad market class. That's why I always get a kick out of people who talk about how great their investment performance is and how these institutional guys don't know what they're doing. I also have to assume that the Fed would step in to buy all this shit...who else would unless yields got really out of whack.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

What really gets me is the pay raises they claim in these reports. Where are these coming from? I've been in the workforce since 2008 and switched jobs and still no raises, performance bonuses yes, but where are these raises coming from?! Cost of living seems to go up by the minute but not my salary.

Comment

LOL...wut?

Standard & Poor's downgraded the U.S.'s triple-A credit rating to AA-plus late Friday and issued a negative outlook, meaning another downgrade is possible in the next 12 to 18 months.

Comment

Damn, S&P just downgraded the US rating.

Comment

AA+

Comment

"Off by trillions"? lmao.

Comment

Market will be very interesting next week!! On another note how about that change? Lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X