No announcement yet.

Friday job numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how bad will bond ratings drop? I assume interest rates will really be moving based on the new "risk" levels. Wasn't freddie asking for a few billion more today?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      So how bad will bond ratings drop? I assume interest rates will really be moving based on the new "risk" levels. Wasn't freddie asking for a few billion more today?
      See our posts above. The worry is the holders that can only hold AAA rated debt. Technically speaking, billions of dollars of what used to be AAA rated securities are either going to be up for sale or will need hedging or ???.

Basically, no one knows what is about to happen. Just like when the stock market took a shit in 2008 and people got up in front of Congress and said they had no idea what was going to happen. This is uncharted territory.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by grabberblue_11 View Post
        What really gets me is the pay raises they claim in these reports. Where are these coming from? I've been in the workforce since 2008 and switched jobs and still no raises, performance bonuses yes, but where are these raises coming from?! Cost of living seems to go up by the minute but not my salary.
        Precisely why the top priority for my investment banker's union will be fair pay and raises!
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Well I'm watching Bloomberg and so far there seems to be a lot of eyebrow raising and not a lot of pants shitting.....
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

It's a conspiracy, the Govt controls everyone they'll never downgrade! Oh wait...
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              just saw that

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

yack that's going to make for a very ugly monday morning.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

so what percentage of created jobs are from deaths?

Just curious if that might be a large slice of the "jobs created pie".

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                    so what percentage of created jobs are from deaths?

Just curious if that might be a large slice of the "jobs created pie".
                    Like wall street jumpers?

Comment

And that is the wild card. Down the ladder of debtholders the largest domestic ones behind the Fed are these institutional holders. But my question is, where do they go with that money? Who buys what they dump? I'm not sure what they can do.
                      Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Exactly. A lot of the buy-siders I know (and the hedge fund I worked for) had the RFP's written as "in case of xxxxx, this is the course of action." Let's be honest, the smart money has known the US sucks for years.
                      These treasury and cash holding requirements are also 1 of 3 main reasons it's damned hard to beat your bogey when managing money. By the time you earn management fees, and cash holdings you actually have to beat your benchmark by about 3% on a consistent basis. When you include the fact that your hamstrung by your benchmark as to your investable assets, the size of your trades (greatly impacts entry and exit points), and you're evaluated on a risk-adjusted basis...it's damned difficult to consistently outperform a broad market class. That's why I always get a kick out of people who talk about how great their investment performance is and how these institutional guys don't know what they're doing. I also have to assume that the Fed would step in to buy all this shit...who else would unless yields got really out of whack.
                      But, but, but... The Bernank said that the Fed would NOT monetize the debt. I have it on tape!!!
                      See our posts above. The worry is the holders that can only hold AAA rated debt. Technically speaking, billions of dollars of what used to be AAA rated securities are either going to be up for sale or will need hedging or ???.

Basically, no one knows what is about to happen. Just like when the stock market took a shit in 2008 and people got up in front of Congress and said they had no idea what was going to happen. This is uncharted territory.
                      /inhales deeply

I love the smell of QE in the morning...

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Precisely why the top priority for my investment banker's union will be fair pay and raises!
                        Holy shit, that was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          From the link above:
                          "House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said the American people will be closely watching the work of the 12-member joint committee that has been created to produce more than $1 trillion in additional savings over the next decade."

The last I read about the 12-member supercommittee indicated that their work would be done behind closed doors, like one might expect of Soviet-inspired apparatchiks. How does that translate into the American people being able to closely watch the work of this committee, Ms. Pelosi???

Where's that promised transparency, obammy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                            Like wall street jumpers?
                            No, just the ordinary regular death rate which results in open positions...

How many american workers just pass away every month?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              But, but, but... The Bernank said that the Fed would NOT monetize the debt. I have it on tape!!!
                              By purchasing existing debt?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                                Holy shit, that was funny!
                                Figured you'd like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X