Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    i said good day!
    ..........You lose!.....You get nothing!......... Now GOOD DAY!
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      I doubt that you will see major banks follow this unless things really really go to shit. It happened in Japan in the early 1990s when banks were holding Yen denominated deposits. It means the bank sees some risk in dollar denominated deposits or they are getting too many deposits. I think the latter could be more likely than the former because you have a lot of people fleeing from the Euro at the moment.

It illustrates what I have told Denny a hundred times, the dollar is the best of all the currencies people can hold. There is the Swiss Franc which some say is better but there aren't enough of them to go around from what I have read. I'm no currency expert by any means so maybe someone can chime in.
      The main reason I ask is because, from what I remember, BofA is the largest bank as far as deposits go. It makes me wonder if BofA is not thinking about this or are too afraid to throw it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        In other words, they are just passing their losses along to the client.
        Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
        That is what every business does?
        I'm no banking expert, I'm very much a newb, and could very well be wrong.

Isn't the bread and butter for most normal banks the interest it earns off making loans?

Aren't the current fractional reserves only 10%?

So you put in $1000. The bank holds $100 in reserve and loans out "your" other $900.

It's earning profits off your money and discouraging deposits would seem counterproductive.

Discourage deposits, money to loan dwindles, interest paid back/profits on that money also dwindles, no???

Just my simpleton's perspective on banking.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
          I'm no banking expert, I'm very much a newb, and could very well be wrong.

Isn't the bread and butter for most normal banks the interest it earns off making loans?

Aren't the current fractional reserves only 10%?

So you put in $1000. The bank holds $100 in reserve and loans out "your" other $900.

It's earning profits off your money and discouraging deposits would seem counterproductive.

Discourage deposits, money to loan dwindles, interest paid back/profits on that money also dwindles, no???

Just my simpleton's perspective on banking.
          Government sees bank is suffering and money is dwindling and gives them a bailout.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

One month T-bill went negative today
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

A = L + E. Deposits are liabilites for a bank, loans are assets. When you have a shitload of L and aren't making a ton of A, what happens to E?
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Thank God I don't have any money to worry about where to put it.

Comment

One month T-bill went negative today
                  Yep, return OF capital, not return ON capital.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

On the other hand, does this really even matter? We all know that real inflation, meaning inflation including energy and food is through the roof, so the net interest rate has been negative for years. Negative rates would just mean we are a notch lower on that net scale which is probably already -3% or more.

Oh, I think this week is going to set an interesting tone for the Fed meeting next week....QE3 anyone? lol

Comment

So essentially... they should pay me to borrow money.... since they are charging me to deposit money.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

..........You lose!.....You get nothing!......... Now GOOD DAY!
                        It's
                        YOU LOSE! Good DAY, sir!

I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                          It's
                          YOU LOSE! Good DAY, sir!

I'm just saying.
                          Who cares

Jim Cramer is going to be interesting this afternoon, can't wait to see!

Comment

Who cares

Jim Cramer is going to be interesting this afternoon, can't wait to see!
                            Me, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                              Me, obviously.
                              Well fuck you and Gene Wilder then

Comment

Working...
                              X