Debt 100% of GDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Not sure where you're going with that...
    Mostly a statement that we import nearly all our consumer products and ship NOTHING overseas....hence there is a huge river of US funds going offshore NEVER to return. Foreign aide is the same bullshit.

Japan however exports tons of products as does china and the all the oil in the middle east. Hell, I would bet Morocco exports more shit than we do!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
      Mostly a statement that we import nearly all our consumer products and ship NOTHING overseas....hence there is a huge river of US funds going offshore NEVER to return. Foreign aide is the same bullshit.

Japan however exports tons of products as does china and the all the oil in the middle east. Hell, I would bet Morocco exports more shit than we do!
      Ok, just looked to me that you were trying to contradict something. I will say this, exports as a percentage of US GDP are higher than any other time and have trended up for decades. Another difference in Japan and us is that very little of their debt is held overseas.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
        Hell, I would bet Morocco exports more shit than we do!
        And you would be very wrong. Only china and germany export more than the US.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          And you would be very wrong. Only china and germany export more than the US.
          Russia exports more women, but that's for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
            I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.
            All I was saying is that buying foreign goods isn't helping our situation in this country. Even though some foreign cars are built here and use parts built here, the profits from manufacturing still go out of this country.

This country needs to return to its manufacturing roots. That will eventually happen but the sooner it does, the better.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

This whole thing is almost like "them" purposely driving down everything and hearding the investment cattle towards bonds. LOL

What a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                All I was saying is that buying foreign goods isn't helping our situation in this country. Even though some foreign cars are built here and use parts built here, the profits from manufacturing still go out of this country.

This country needs to return to its manufacturing roots. That will eventually happen but the sooner it does, the better.
                Ive been saying this for years but people call me a moron for it. Its like they expected the US to turn into a country of college educated super geniuses and it didnt work.

I always thought it was hillarous how europe thought we were a buncha dumbasses yet our country as a whole always did better in every regard, something to be proud of actually.

Comment

Working...
                X