Debt 100% of GDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt 100% of GDP

US debt shot up $238 billion to reach 100 percent of gross domestic project[sic] after the government's debt ceiling was lifted, Treasury figures showed Wednesday.

The new borrowing took total public debt to $14.58 trillion, over end-2010 GDP of $14.53 trillion, and putting it in a league with highly indebted countries like Italy and Belgium.
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-aaa-rating-...204040123.html
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

Think the Japanese are smart? Save thier money? Do you like their cars? The Japanese national debt is 225% of their GDP.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
      Think the Japanese are smart? Save thier money? Do you like their cars? The Japanese national debt is 225% of their GDP.
      And ours is actually about 4x our GDP.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

20 years of quantitative easing has help Japan's economy immensely. Debt at this level is a drag on the economy and increasing the debt does not help.
        class joke
        {
        private:
        char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
        double Peas, Carrots;
        string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
        };

Comment

But these go to eleven...

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            but these go to eleven...
            zing!
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              But these go to eleven...
              Perfection.

Comment

They've also been in a recession for 20 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Exactly. Most figures don't include unfunded liabilities. That's the bulk of it too.

Comment

I freakin love jap cars. Well, some of 'em. Toyota and honda anyway. They have proven their worth to me time and again. Fuck brand loyalty, american cars can go suck it if they can't match the reliability. If they can, I'd prefer to buy american but I won't unless its every bit as good. Which they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                      I freakin love jap cars. Well, some of 'em. Toyota and honda anyway. They have proven their worth to me time and again. Fuck brand loyalty, american cars can go suck it if they can't match the reliability. If they can, I'd prefer to buy american but I won't unless its every bit as good. Which they're not.
                      My last japanese car I kept until it had 250k on it - I bet I didn't spend $1000 on unscheduled repairs. A/C compressor was the biggest thing that failed.

Current one has 180k miles on it, plan to keep it at least as long.
                      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                        I understand what you are saying and to some degree I have to agree with you but tell me that when you are living out of the back of that thing...
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Yeah, but Japan actually exports a lot of products...we only export our Money.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                            Yeah, but Japan actually exports a lot of products...we only export our Money.
                            Not sure where you're going with that...
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              I understand what you are saying and to some degree I have to agree with you but tell me that when you are living out of the back of that thing...
                              I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X