No announcement yet.

China just got an aircraft carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never been attacked ????????????????????? what the fuck was pearl harbor .

Comment

History learn me some.

Geography learn me some.
      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

They have had that, but with the fact they are building them makes me wander why.

I'm not worried they will never be a threat towards us. But Japan and other neighbors are very concerned. That is why we will always have a naval fleet in those waters forever. We keep China at bay from ever doing anything stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Yale
          Are you quite sure about that?
          Sure, I'm sure. Civil war or 9/11 excluded. See explanation below.

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
          never been attacked ????????????????????? what the fuck was pearl harbor .
          Pearl Harbor was a naval station in the current state of Hawaii. Sure, it was attacked by the the Japs, but it would be the equivalent of somebody attacking Puerto Rico today. Not technically part of the United States, but the U.S. just sort of claims it as its own.

Aside from that, I was actually referring to the mainland. Guess I should have been more clear.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            IMO, two things keeping China a serious military threat to us at the moment.

A) Land locked.
            B) Navy.
            WOW, you really failed at Geography.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
              Sure, I'm sure. Civil war or 9/11 excluded. See explanation below.

Pearl Harbor was a naval station in the current state of Hawaii. Sure, it was attacked by the the Japs, but it would be the equivalent of somebody attacking Puerto Rico today. Not technically part of the United States, but the U.S. just sort of claims it as its own.

Aside from that, I was actually referring to the mainland. Guess I should have been more clear.
              The japs bombed Oregon and launched several thousand fire balloons, many of which landed here. They also shelled Fort Stevens (also in Oregon) from a sub. The Germans also landed troops on the East coast but they were ratted out and arrested almost immediately. Not to mention how many ships were sunk off our coast by subs.

It's true that we didn't suffer much damage from foreign attacks, other than Pearl Harbor, but we were still attacked. The japs planned on causing massive forest fires all over the West coast while the Germans were supposed to kill our power grid on the East coast. They didn't plan on getting caught though.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                The japs bombed Oregon and launched several thousand fire balloons, many of which landed here. They also shelled Fort Stevens (also in Oregon) from a sub. The Germans also landed troops on the East coast but they were ratted out and arrested almost immediately. Not to mention how many ships were sunk off our coast by subs.

It's true that we didn't suffer much damage from foreign attacks, other than Pearl Harbor, but we were still attacked. The japs planned on causing massive forest fires all over the West coast while the Germans were supposed to kill our power grid on the East coast. They didn't plan on getting caught though.
                Learn something new every day. Guess I'll go back to being a complete idiot now.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  ?

Stevo
                  Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  You want to take another look at your map there?
                  Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                  Land locked?! The only thing that makes them a threat is their billion strong military, which would be squashed as soon as they step close to our waters.
                  Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  WOW, you really failed at Geography.
                  Y'all took at the topography? It's mountains and deserts. Why do you think the population centers are mostly on the east side? It'd take a major endeavor in logistics for them to move and support their army anywhere else to pose a threat. Who are they going to invade?

They lack a real navy to go island hopping.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    They lack a real navy to go island hopping.
                    They don't have a conventional navy but remember they are communists, whatever equipment it's citizens and corporations "own" can be seized by the government. There are hundreds if tankers and thousands of cargo ships that could be converted into troop carriers fairly quickly if needed. You could probably fit an entire reginment on a tanker. Send a dozen or so of those over at a time and you'd have plenty of boots on the ground to take over a country.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      They don't have a conventional navy but remember they are communists, whatever equipment it's citizens and corporations "own" can be seized by the government. There are hundreds if tankers and thousands of cargo ships that could be converted into troop carriers fairly quickly if needed. You could probably fit an entire reginment on a tanker. Send a dozen or so of those over at a time and you'd have plenty of boots on the ground to take over a country.
                      Protect them with what?

Only place that should be shaking is Taiwan. That's it. China can only hit fast and hard to win any conflict it drags itself into. Anything with travel, it can't do.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Can't you see it................Ten tankers filled with 2 million chinks and a USN sub scope breaks the water. "Torpedos Away". From the sky, a host of F18's with missles cleaning up the pieces. What a movie for You Tube.

Comment

Another thing, not likely that seals will wait for that thing to get to int. waters to use a shape charge, and become a reef. If they empty the fluids first, that is actually almost green.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X