World will not to end on Aug 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World will not to end on Aug 2nd

The U.S. government can avoid a default for at least a month after the Aug. 2 deadline to lift the debt ceiling set by the Treasury Department, said John Silvia, chief economist at Wells Fargo Securities LLC
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

The government is terrified of August 2nd. Not because we'll default, but because we will see that they can get by with less
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      The government is terrified of August 2nd. Not because we'll default, but because we will see that they can get by with less
      Bababababababababingo!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        Bababababababababingo!!!!!!!!!
        Yep. Aug. 2 is a fictitious date that your president picked out of thin air. It means nothing at all. He just wanted a deadline and chose that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          Spot fucking on.

Comment

CNN has "countdown to debt limit" on the bottom left of every screen, with a clock. We've reached a new level of bullshit, like epic shit tonnage of bullshit. We're all drowning in it.

Comment

They will close down Yellowstone, and other high traffic monuments. If spending grew 25% since Obama was president, then we should at least see a 25% cut.

Comment

Msnbc is going nuts with the "why doesn't wall street care about the debt ceiling deadline?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                  Msnbc is going nuts with the "why doesn't wall street care about the debt ceiling deadline?"
                  Because Wall St knows they'll fuck around 'til the last second and pass some shitbox of an agreement.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Because Wall St knows they'll fuck around 'til the last second and pass some shitbox of an agreement.
                    Sadly. The republicans are in the greatest drivers seat in the past 50 years and are going to fucking ruin because they will come up with some half baked scheme that Obama will sign. Instead, they should pass EXACTLY what they want and force the democrats in the senate or Obama to speak up as to why they voted it down. And keep voting on the same thing, perhaps more aggressive, cast the blame on Obama and the dems and make them justify why it is exactly that they are not wanting to be fiscally responsible. Terms like 'Obama's Depression' should be used until the point that the people begin to realize what a bag of cluster fuck this POTUS is.

But...the speaker cries and lacks the fortitude to pull the fucking trigger like a man.

Comment

a six month temporary fix is ridiculous, its just more irresponsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball996 View Post
                        a six month temporary fix is ridiculous, its just more irresponsibility.
                        Debt ceiling was just raised $1.9 trillion in January 2010. A long term fix is risky and would carry Barry through the 2012 elections. I see good and bad in both.

Comment

I think it would be very hard to get this done in an election year, and boehner's 2 vote plan is still not nearly enough in spending cuts. if we want to keep that AAA rating, we need to find $4 trillion.

Comment

I'm thinking the rating will drop, regardless of what they decide.

Comment

use this drama to your advantage. never let a good crisis go to waste

Comment

Working...
                              X