Bachmann just lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yale View Post
    I still didn't call you a racist, and talking about two things in context to each other is a comparison. Also, the document in question makes the claim that slavery was better for blacks than welfare, and she signed it, so she's a signatory to that claim. Why do you feel like I'm calling anyone a racist, exactly? I didn't say you think blacks should be slaves again, and I didn't put those words in Michelle Bachmann's mouth either.
    So are you saying that it is a good thing that there are less black children being raised by two parent black families now that Obama is president then there were 140 years ago and that you believe that to be a good thing?
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      So are you saying that it is a good thing that there are less black children being raised by two parent black families now that Obama is president then there were 140 years ago and that you believe that to be a good thing?
      Can you even verify that more black children are being raised by single parents now than then? Is that the basis of your argument? If you'd (and whoever wrote that purity pledge had) made the argument that more black children have been raised by single parents since the advent of welfare, you'd have had something. Taking a hyperbolic position and referencing welfare against slavery is another thing, and while a better trick, could still be viewed as a defensible position if you were to equate it on the terms of disenfranchisement. But to argue that things were better for black people then than now on the basis that single parent homes are worse than two parent homes is absurd, and they're two separate arguments. You want to take the simple position that two parents are better than one? I can follow that, but it doesn't wash when used as an argument that slavery was better for blacks than welfare. You're just wrong.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        We need more focus on fiscal issues at the moment. Social views just distract from the bigger issue.

Conservative candidates scream about gay marriage while Queen Barack says "let them eat cock" and the rest of us are getting fisted by a government that is spending out of control and has no intention of stopping.

I could care less if my candidate never talked about social issues. "I've come here to put America back on the right track; fiscally and constitutionally. Everything else is just a distraction."

I don't know why everyone focuses on this BS, when 95% of the time they never do shit about it anyways!

Comment

Working...
        X