Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House "Gun Safety" Measures

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/whit...e-near-future/

I only copied a section of the story, there was more text if you follow the link.

WASHINGTON (The Blaze/AP) — Six months after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot, the White House is preparing to propose some new steps on gun safety, though they’re likely to fall short of the bold measures activists would like to see.

Spokesman Jay Carney said that the new steps would be made public “in the near future.” He didn’t offer details, but people involved in talks at the Justice Department to craft the new measures said they expected to see something in the next several weeks. Whatever is proposed is not expected to involve legislation or take on major issues, like banning assault weapons, but could include executive action to strengthen the background check system or other steps.

“The president directed the attorney general to form working groups with key stakeholders to identify common-sense measures that would improve American safety and security while fully respecting Second Amendment rights,” Carney said Thursday. “That process is well under way at the Department of Justice, with stakeholders on all sides working through these complex issues, and we expect to have some more specific announcements in the near future.”

Anti-gun groups have been disappointed to see no action so far from President Barack Obama, who supported tough gun control measures earlier in his career but fell largely silent upon becoming president. Some activists were using the opportunity of the six-month anniversary of the Giffords shooting on Friday to speak up.

The shooting rampage in Tucson, Ariz., killed six people and wounded more than a dozen others, including Giffords. Two months later, Obama wrote an opinion piece in Giffords’ local paper, the Arizona Daily Star, calling for “sound and effective steps” to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, including strengthening background checks
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

wtf are "common-sense measures that would improve American safety and security" ? They going to make it so I can buy a 22LR silencer w/o spending extra cash to give to the government?

They going to allow me to have 3 round burst on my AR?
    Last edited by ceyko; 07-08-2011, 07:33 AM.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Oh, this is going to be good...
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

The fucking faggots don't have the balls to try to make any legislation because the NRA will crucify every last one of them. I love it!
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Looks like the dumbass has painted himself into a corner. Either way he goes it's gonna hurt him.

What remains unclear is just how far out on a limb the president is willing to go on gun control. If he goes too far, the Second Amendment debate could reach great heights as the president battles for his re-election. If he doesn’t go far enough, some in his base may view him as weak on gun laws.

Comment

Working...
          X