Proof of citizenship to obtain, or renew TX driver's license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    It's a start, but won't stop shit at this point. Need more, a lot more. lol @ "illegal protectors"
    Exactly. Like border enforcement. Seal it, tight. If an illegal is stopped, arrest them immediately. Ifthey can't prove they are here legally, send them back in a timely manner.

Mexico overreacts in some instances but none in others. They aren't going to 'team up' with us, so the US has to take charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Exactly. Like border enforcement. Seal it, tight. If an illegal is stopped, arrest them immediately. Ifthey can't prove they are here legally, send them back in a timely manner.

Mexico overreacts in some instances but none in others. They aren't going to 'team up' with us, so the US has to take charge.
      Yeah, it blows my mind. There is more then one reason for border security and it's not just to stop Mexicans from entering illegally.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This is total fluff and bullshit. Texas already requires proof of citizenship or lawful presence in order to apply for a DL/Identification card.

If the state did the job right the first time, they wouldn't have to reverify that everything was legit. This is tantamount to an admission of fucking up the whole process by issuing DLs and State IDs to people who shouldn't have them!
        Men have become the tools of their tools.
        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          I can see it reducing the number of illegals that are required to have a valid license to work.

For those grousing, I see it as a step in the right direction.

Stevo
          Too many don't give a shit about having a valid DL. They'll just get a forgery.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
            This is total fluff and bullshit. Texas already requires proof of citizenship or lawful presence in order to apply for a DL/Identification card.

If the state did the job right the first time, they wouldn't have to reverify that everything was legit. This is tantamount to an admission of fucking up the whole process by issuing DLs and State IDs to people who shouldn't have them!
            Requiring proof and verifying that proof are two different things.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I'm not a protector but the law is clearly based on ILLEGALS that are breaking the law to uphold the law. They'll throw up the Los deuces and keep fucking everyone else. It's stupid, feel good legislation that some guy running for reelection can say "we shut down illegals driving!". No stupid, you didn't. You just increased my time dealing with the bitchy black woman that couldn't hold a job in the private sector if her life depended on it. Thanks for nothing elected fuckwads.
              I wasn't refering to any of you guys. You are being pessimistic about the law, but still don't want the illegals here. I'm refering to the ones that want the illegals and will do anything they can to keep the system broken.

I agree that it may not do any actual good, but we have to keep trying till we find something that works and that the supreme court won't overrule

Comment

Retinal scan. I'm tellin ya. Unless they change out their fucking eyeballs, there is no way to defeat this system once they're entered.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                  Retinal scan. I'm tellin ya. Unless they change out their fucking eyeballs, there is no way to defeat this system once they're entered.
                  I foresee a shitload of one-eyed honkies roaming the earth...

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    I foresee a shitload of one-eyed honkies roaming the earth...

And a whole bunch of blue and green eye'd messicans.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Yeah, it blows my mind. There is more then one reason for border security and it's not just to stop Mexicans from entering illegally.
                      What is wrong with posting up "Trespassers will be shot," or something to that degree, signs every half mile, and put up 100ft tall outposts. Two national guards with riffles. They would have a ton of viewing range, and I think people crossing the border would get the picture very quickly.

Never going to happen unless another 9-11 happens, and they find out materials or the terrorists came over the border illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        And a whole bunch of blue and green eye'd messicans.
                        Actual eyeball transplant isn't yet possible. And a mexican with any eye color other than brown would be a dead giveaway.

Comment

Working...
                        X