Minorities and Women need not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minorities and Women need not apply

Looks like a group has started offering scholarships to white men only. I wonder how long this will last before some group calls foul. I looked into the group called FMAE and it looks like they have both women and minorities on the board that decides who gets the scholarships.

there are all kinds of scholarships out there that have specific and sometimes very odd requirements.

Comment

And right when I'm trying to get back into school, too. Fuck yeah!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If they do something about this, then they'll have to do something about the united negro college fund.

They won't.

Comment

After having two kids go through college, I was shocked at how many "minority" scholarships/grants/benefits are out there. Middle-class white people get very little help.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
            If they do something about this, then they'll have to do something about the united negro college fund.

They won't.
            I don't think they limit funding based on race. They just fund individual and partner scholarship programs at historically black universities, which would decide their own specific criteria. I knew an Israeli place kicker from Grambling when I was a kid that got some money from them, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              I don't think they limit funding based on race. They just fund individual and partner scholarship programs at historically black universities, which would decide their own specific criteria. I knew an Israeli place kicker from Grambling when I was a kid that got some money from them, IIRC.
              Guess you didn't really know him afterall, eh?
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                Guess you didn't really know him afterall, eh?
                Not too well. I was 8 when he was around. He rented a trailer behind my Aunt's house in Ruston while he was in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball996 View Post
                  there are all kinds of scholarships out there that have specific and sometimes very odd requirements.
                  Yes and if you want to be fair, you have to have just as many that offer them to white men, as you offer to minorities, and other genders. Death to reverse racism and double standards.

Comment

i wonder if my son can get a scholarship from the united negro college fund? hes half mexican after all.
                    2011 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                      Looks like a group has started offering scholarships to white men only. I wonder how long this will last before some group calls foul. I looked into the group called FMAE and it looks like they have both women and minorities on the board that decides who gets the scholarships.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_828684.html
                      Get a look at the groups name?
                      The group, called the Former Majority Association for Equality, was formed by Texas State University student Colby Bohannan and others and hopes to provide four $500 scholarships to white men by July (donations are being accepted via the group's
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                        i wonder if my son can get a scholarship from the united negro college fund? hes half mexican after all.
                        The brothers probably won't give it up, but here in Texas there are plenty of hispanic business owners that contribute to scholarship funds that are specifically for hispanic kids. There are also special loans and grants your son can qualify for, being half mexican. Learn about them, so when it's time, you will be prepared to apply for as many as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          The brothers probably won't give it up, but here in Texas there are plenty of hispanic business owners that contribute to scholarship funds that are specifically for hispanic kids. There are also special loans and grants your son can qualify for, being half mexican. Learn about them, so when it's time, you will be prepared to apply for as many as possible.
                          whats cool is since hes half/half when the mexicans finally over run texas and take it back and crackers are the minority he can apply for a scholarship for being white so its win/win
                          2011 Mustang GT
                          sigpic

Comment

whats cool is since hes half/half when the mexicans finally over run texas and take it back and crackers are the minority he can apply for a scholarship for being white so its win/win
                            LOL! Whitey will NEVER be considered the "minority" cuz we have all the money! It will be like South Africa. 10% white and still running the show...Then they will call it "apartheid". A honky just can't win! LOL!

Comment

If you send him to a historically black college, yes. I'd be more concerned with the quality of degree he gets, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X