cia.gov down - lulzsec responsible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is riaa, mpaa, and doxd?
    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
    -Fred Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
      What is riaa, mpaa, and doxd?
      another group (the a-team) dox'd lulzsec exposing their identities. these script kiddies caused stirred up alot of shit though

dox = Personal information about people on the Internet, often including real name, known aliases, address, phone number, SSN, credit card number, etc.

riaa = recording industy association of america
      mpaa = motion picture association of america

Comment

I love these guys. As an IT professional, they should be able to keep us gainly employed

I've noticed also VOIP hacking has been steadily on the rise. Keep it up ! Hack them all, see if I give a shit.

As far as taking them seriously.... doesn't really matter what I think, their skills speak for themselves. They have accomplished what few have before, gained popularity, and will have followers. Whether they are 'script kiddies' is impossible for anyone to know. They work at a scale unseen before . In 50 days , with 6 guys they have done things worth notority. They have to be good at what they do , and at a minimum VERY motivated.

What perplexes me the most is that many VOIP scanners don't seem to have a reason in hacking a phone system. Calls are cheap, hell even many overseas they aren't that bad per minute. Just like these hackers, their motives are hard to understand. Know one thing that keeps me the most interested - they do not do it just to make money.
        I just do my job, which pays well, and I could never be so motivated to spend countless hours in pursuit of the 'hack' . It would take piles of money to motivate me to find some of the exploits that are being revealed in their targeted systems.

Some of them unbelievably lax in security , and possibly illegal by the companies themselves. Look at the CITIGROUP hack if you need further evidence. What a simple exploit.
        Companies need to hire IT professionals to secure their shit. They have to. They haven't for over a decade, and it isn't just because of these latest guys exposing it.
        IT/IS gets no respect, even though IT RUNS THE WORLD. That will change now hopefully.

I'm just tired of companies that have laid workers like myself off. Mismanagement is rediculous in this line of work, and they always think these jobs are expendable line items. Even when there is much evidence to dispute it.
        Last edited by futant; 06-28-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I think maybe the business world doesn't reward IT professionals they way they "should" is due to the general personality of an IT guy.

Perhaps all this hacking will display the value of these employees that they have failed to demonstrate as a group and as individuals.

Maybe I'm just narrow-minded
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Heh, thats because when IT managers get bitter, they try to blackmail their company and hold their information hostage. Seen it several times, then the legal banhammer drops.

Comment

great post futant!

also it was confirmed that all these kids were script kiddies, its absolutely hilarious to see what script kiddies did to sites around the globe.

Comment

Well, hack the planet is really starting to go mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Well, hack the planet is really starting to go mainstream.

Comment

i bet it was Morpheus looking for Neo.
                    2011 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                      Pauly Shore's brother?

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                        Pauly Shore's brother?
                        Fisher Stevens threatening Johnny Lee Miller via laptop in Hackers.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                          I think maybe the business world doesn't reward IT professionals they way they "should" is due to the general personality of an IT guy.

Perhaps all this hacking will display the value of these employees that they have failed to demonstrate as a group and as individuals.

Maybe I'm just narrow-minded
                          Fuckin narrow minds

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            Fisher Stevens threatening Johnny Lee Miller via laptop in Hackers.
                            +1 internets

Comment

huh I read up yesterday on the whole meaning of ANTI-SEC and it's purpose.

pretty interesting to be honest. It made me think back to my first exposure to security in IT/IS and I always wondered why security specific companies would post complete web pages on a new exploit,bug, or buffer overflow kind of issue back in the day.

I always figured it was in light of being open source , and to make the world aware of the newest problem out there. It took me all of two seconds to also think that no other security in the world works like that though because these guys are out there exploiting it.
                              Sure at the time it wasn't a lot of hackers probably. They wanted advertising you know like McAfee, whatever posting it.
                              Then you even saw places like Microsoft releasing so damn many updates, bug catches and security issues that in like 2004 or so they stopped releasing them but once a month. Well for obvious reasons - there were so many being discovered.

He's the irony of a situation I remember: (case in point)
                              When Microsoft released the information about the SQL vulnerability a long time ago maybe 2001, I remember in 2002 0r 2003 when SQL slammer hit. I worked at a huge company HP/Compaq. That morning i went downstairs to wildly look around for a server in our massive datacenter that some dipshit forgot to document it's exact location. So here I am walking around for 5-10 minutes and I can't find it, I pick up a dedicated phone down there and call the NOC to get someone to look up where the other servers might be in that family. My coworker says - "dude , get up here. Everything is DOWN"
                              I'm like WHAT? is this a joke I was just up there.
                              He just says "get up here. Everything is DOWN" again.
                              I was kind of pissed off, and I went up there and our monitoring is exploding, all subnets completely down.
                              Everyone worked countless hours for about 5 days to restore BASIC ip networking and function again. Like all hands on deck, unlimited overtime. Ppl sleeping at work.
                              we spent nights walking around *searching* for a hidden unpatched sql box sitting under some random guy's desk like a developer.
                              LOL crazy
                              the WHOLE DAMN INTERNET was down for a day or two . I called my dad that morning to tell him to block the port it spammed on, since he worked at a major insurance company. They had no sql servers, and never had a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X