oil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil...

Has gone down 12 dollars in the past 3 or so days... yet I saw gas at over $4 in Dallas today... why is gas continuing to go up?
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

I guess we are still paying for what the price was when the gas was produced.

They always find a way to screw us at the pump.

Comment

Gasoline has decoupled from crude oil prices long ago. They just use it as an excuse to move the prices up (somewhat) and don't necessarily drop with crude.

Comment

it is an old thing. prices go up for summer because people use to travel more. they call it the summer blend . but lately supplies have been increasing because folks are not driving as much. all it would take is 60 days of cutting back on demand to overflow storage tanks. then the price will fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Gasoline has decoupled from crude oil prices long ago. They just use it as an excuse to move the prices up (somewhat) and don't necessarily drop with crude.
          Correct.

It does have an influence but not nearly to the extent it used to.

Comment

You know how it goes; gas is quick to rise when oil goes up but takes a long time to fall when oil goes down. I see gas prices coming down a little quicker this time given the huge drop in oil prices, the demand destruction for gas, the continued elevated unemployment, and high food prices.

Comment

Working...
            X