Where to buy a fried turkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a fried turkey?

I used to get these from a friend of mine for Thanksgiving but he's moved. Any suggestions where I can buy one already done? So far I've found out by a quick search that Dicky's BBQ, Razoo's, and Popeye's sell fried turkeys this time of year but just trying to find out of it there are any other options.

Some local grocery stores do. I know the Brookshires in Forney does.

I'll cook one for you for 1 million dollares..

Comment

Dickey's and Razoo's would have been my suggestions. But really, it's worth it to fry it yourself. They aren't hard to do, and there is a thread a couple threads down with all the tips and instructions you need. For what you're going to pay to have it done, I'd just spend the money and buy your own fryer and write it off as camping equipment expense. If you cold weather camp, they are great to make soups, etc in.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Dickey's and Razoo's would have been my suggestions. But really, it's worth it to fry it yourself. They aren't hard to do, and there is a thread a couple threads down with all the tips and instructions you need. For what you're going to pay to have it done, I'd just spend the money and buy your own fryer and write it off as camping equipment expense. If you cold weather camp, they are great to make soups, etc in.
        This. We use our fryer stuff to boil the plates etc.

I think my setup was $50-60. It came with the burner, a stainless steel pot, thermometer, and the hook to hold the turkey. It will hold a 13lb turkey easily.

Comment

Not to mention, Jose, but if you buy one from any of those places, it won't be near as good as one you make yourself. The same holds true for anything mass produced. You can give it more care, attention, and there is NO better turkey than fresh out of the fryer, straight to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Not to mention, Jose, but if you buy one from any of those places, it won't be near as good as one you make yourself. The same holds true for anything mass produced. You can give it more care, attention, and there is NO better turkey than fresh out of the fryer, straight to the table.
            This, plus you can fry "elephant ears" with the kids (if you have any there) afterwards. We buy the flakey/layered canned biscuits and peel them apart. We let the kids do this, and then we help them get them into the oil. They plump up nicely as they're fried, and then we put them on a plate and hit them with powdered sugar. It's like mini-funnel cakes, and the kids love to eat them and fix them.

Comment

Academy sells a burner and 30 qt pot kit for $20.

Then the stand and hook kit is $7

Not sure how good that burner is but if you want to experiment, you won't have much invested if you decide it's a PITA.

Comment

Jose, I used to help Tim with the Turkeys. not much to them at all.... he just injected them with this. http://shop.tonychachere.com/creole-...z-p-21707.html

and Fry away..... I have a Fryer you can use, but youll need gas for it.

Comment

I just picked this one up BassPro Shop has a complete kit for 39.99.

Comment

This is what I have. It has worked well so far.

Comment

This is what I bought about three years ago, works great. I paid about $100.00 and they are now $50.00, you cant beat it. you can only cook a small bird about 15 lbs, but we usually have a roseted turkey and ham, so its big enough. Pretty easy too, I buy a fresh turkey, inject that bitch the night before and bring to room tempature the next day. An hour before we are set to eat I slide that bird in and then serve. As I stated in the other thread, I use Emerils injection recipe.

Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the suggestions but got everything squared away for this turkey day. Need to buy my own fryer someday soon.

Comment

Instead of a new thread, I thought this might help some of us needing a fried turkey this Thanksgiving. I'm in Rockwall if anyone might know where I can find a nice one. TIA!

Comment

We put an end to Turkey Fry. I'm trying to round up a fryer to fry one for myself, and if I can get one in, I'll let you know.

Comment

fry party~!
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X