Chris Davis and the Rangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Davis and the Rangers?

The Fan was saying no way he will stay with the Rangers come regular season. He seems to be knocking the ball around pretty good and is a decent infielder too. Any chance of him staying here and maybe being our utility guy when Young moves on down the line? Seems like he is trying hard to get a starting spot, but we just don't have room. With him being fairly hot this preseason, do you think the Rangers may get some kind of offer on him. I know he usually chokes and has a pretty high strike out percentage, but he has been looking good so far this preseason! Or is he destined for the minors again?
    Last edited by Kyle; 03-19-2011, 02:44 AM.
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Davis has a history of being pretty good in the pre-season and at the triple A level, then tanking in the majors. He's good defensively at 1st, but across the league, 1st basemen carry a big stick. I think most of it is in his head, but sometimes the hardest part to overcome. I called for his demotion on this board several times, and when the Rangersinally did it, Moreland was there to take 1st base.

Comment

Supposedly he spent time this off season playing in the dominican. Claims he has a new level of appreciation from it. Seeing not only how those players there perform, but also what kind of living situation they have. He said alot of them only have baseball as an out and dont have all the opportunities he has here in the states. He thinks it makes him a better player, and gives him more drive to perform and succeed. It sounded to me like he almost took his chance here at Texas for granted in the past, and wants to do better now. For what its worth, it may all be lip service to get a job, but he sounded legit when saying it.

I personally never had a problem with his defense, his hitting would drive me freaking bat shit pretty much all the time last year. You cant really tell much from batting performance in the spring, hell even andrus hit a home run last night.
      -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
        You cant really tell much from batting performance in the spring, hell even andrus hit a home run last night.
        This unfortunately is true with some of the fluff the batters are seeing. The announcer said, Elvis has bulked up during the off season and I lol'd.
        Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
        http://www.titantowing.net
        -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Working...
        X