Carmelo to the Nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmelo to the Nets

After months of the Denver Nuggets moving the goal posts on the New Jersey Nets in their negotiations for Carmelo Anthony, the two sides have finally come to terms on a trade for the All Star, a...

After months of the Denver Nuggets moving the goal posts on the New Jersey Nets in their negotiations for Carmelo Anthony, the two sides have finally come to terms on a trade for the All Star, according to The Record.

With both the Nets and New York Knicks both scheduled to meet with Anthony this weekend in California, we will finally know his true feelings about which team he wants to play for.

If the deal goes through, the Nuggets would receive rookie Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Ben Uzoh, Troy Murphy and four first-round draft picks. In addition to Anthony, the Nets would get Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman.

The only part of the trade that needs to be figured out is just where the Nuggets will send Murphy, who they have no intention of keeping. Their plan is to take one of the picks they are getting from New Jersey and sending it along with Murphy to bring back more assets.

Meeting with Anthony will be a group similar to the one that attempted to woo LeBron James over the summer. Along with owner Mikhail Prokhorov will be GM Billy King, CEO Brett Yormark and minority owner Jay-Z.

If the Nets get him to sign off on a three-year, $65 million extension, the Carmelo Anthony-era will start Friday night on the road against the NBA's best team, the San Antonio Spurs.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

If the deal goes through, the Nuggets would receive rookie Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Ben Uzoh, Troy Murphy and four first-round draft picks. In addition to Anthony, the Nets would get Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman.
    Holy shit thats alot.

Comment

He's not worth 4 first round draft picks.

Comment

That's too steep. Way too steep! Maybe 2 first rounders, but FOUR?? This guy ain't Lebron.
        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
          That's too steep. Way too steep! Maybe 2 first rounders, but FOUR?? This guy ain't Lebron.
          you are right.. Carmelo has heart... Plus it will probably end up as High 1st round picks, its not like they are lottery picks.
          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
          Your opinion is what sucks.
          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I'm with you guys - that is way too much to give up. Especially since Favors was a lottery pick - that's basically 5 first rounders, plus Devin is serviceable. All for a guy who has proven he can not get a team over the hump.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Toronto or Cleveland end up as the 3rd team, as they both have trade exceptions exceeding 12 million - and could take Troy Murphy's contract and one or two of the picks to facilitate the deal.

Also, teams can not trade away 2 years first rounders in a row, so Denver (and the 3rd team) will likely be getting NJ's 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 first round picks.

Even with this trade, NJ is no better than 6th in the east.

Comment

Reading on hoopshype now that Carmello will not sign the extension if the Knicks are still interested.

Sounds to me like he is going to force the Nuggs to trade him to NY or lose him as a free agent.

Comment

I don't see him signing an extension with the Nets regardless of what NY does. If you think they suck now, wait until they gut the place to get Melo....

Comment

Damn... looks like Denver fans will have a lot to cheer about in the next few years.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                    I don't see him signing an extension with the Nets regardless of what NY does. If you think they suck now, wait until they gut the place to get Melo....
                    I agree partly, but they also have that new Russian billionaire owner who is willing to spend money. 'Melo might only be the 1st piece. Although, if you have no 1st round picks, I think it'd be hard to trade for other top tier pieces. You'd just have to load up on the free agent market.
                    Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                      you are right.. Carmelo has heart... s.
                      Lol, you guys make me laugh.

Comment

I don't follow basketball, but what is prompting his drive to get out of Denver?

Comment

My understanding is brothers don't like the cold weather

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            I don't follow basketball, but what is prompting his drive to get out of Denver?
                            He's a free agent after this season and it's well known that he isn't going to re-sign with Denver. They're trying to get something for him while they can.

Comment

Looks like he's going to the Knicks.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X