Shogun vs. Jon Jones... Whats ya'll opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shogun vs. Jon Jones... Whats ya'll opinions

Simply wondering where everyones pick is going to be... Im personally going for Shogun, The man has came a longgggggggggg way, and is still moving foward, Not showing any evidence of slowing down.But then again so has Jones, But to me, just because Shogun is 1 of my top fighters in the LH ill be going for him.

The fight can go either way. Rua is not the same fighter he was in Pride. It's a big step up in competition for Jones for sure, but it's an even fight.

Jones will either KO Rua or Rua will submit Jones.

I suspect Jones will get the take down using his superior wrestling, if it's early in the fight, Rua has a good chance to submit Jones, the later it goes the more it tilts to Jones favor. Jones is MUCH faster than Rua even though Rua has good stand up, he's still too slow for Jones.

What alot of people forget about Jones is that he is ONLY 23 years old. He's still got 10-12 years of training and learning to do providing he stays healthy, at some point he will hold the title

Comment

Jones just has so much natural ability & talent! With a few years of training & learning he will make you say Anderson who? He will only get better and that is scary if you are across the cage from him.

Comment

Maybe we'll get to see Anderson vs Jones after Silva smashes GSP. (I wish GSP could beat him, just dont see it happening)
        Big Rooster Racing "Dare to win well."

Comment

I'm a huge Shogun fan, and have been since he debuted in Pride, but I do not like this match-up for him, especially coming off another injury and long layoff.

I think Shogun's best chance is a counter KO, ala Machida, but Bones has an 84 inch reach to Shogun's 76. That's a huge gap to close.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I think that Jones is going to stop Shogun in this fight. Once I get over him beating one of my all time favorites, I'll be able to root for him again - he is going to be trouble for everybody at 205 for a long long time.

Comment

Working...
          X