Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix starts this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

He is right that Lesner is Mr. Badass until his opponent decides to hit back. JDS will kill him!

Comment

Both Overeems boys look yoked.

I agree with Steve, I think Overeem and Barnett should end up in the final

Comment

I hope Overeem gets KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
            I hope Overeem gets KTFO
            Barnett is very capable of it, the problem is him staying healthy and clean until then.

Comment

In case anybody is interested, there is a special on Overeem friday night on HDNet

Comment

And here we go with the fucking problems....

I had doubts from the start that they would be able to get this thing done. The second pair of fights should have been held in March in Columbus. They pushed that to April so they could try for Japan, but couldn't get that done. They're still going to have a card in April in California, but the GP just wont be on it. Hmmm. I wonder why.

Now, we're back to the TBD game. Unreal.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...of-Grand-Prix/

With the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in the books, April 9 had become the focus for the other half of the quarterfinals, but it now appears that fans will have to wait a little longer to see who will be squaring off with Antonio Silva and Sergei Kharitonov.

Sherdog.com learned today via sources close to the promotion that Strikeforce is planning to run its previously scheduled April date in California, and that the two remaining quarterfinal bouts will most likely be pushed off the card.

Heavyweight Grand Prix participant Josh Barnett was contacted for comment on his fight being pushed back and the former UFC champion said it was the first he had heard of the change in schedule.

“I don’t really have anything to say about it,” said Barnett, “I have not heard anything from the promotion yet.”

Strikeforce Matchmaker Rich Chou offered no comment when contacted Monday evening. Promotion CEO Scott Coker has not yet replied to requests for confirmation.

Comment

guys that fight in japan have a hard time passing drug tests in the US.

One of the main reasons Pride didn't come here until very late

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                    And here we go with the fucking problems....

I had doubts from the start that they would be able to get this thing done. The second pair of fights should have been held in March in Columbus. They pushed that to April so they could try for Japan, but couldn't get that done. They're still going to have a card in April in California, but the GP just wont be on it. Hmmm. I wonder why.

Now, we're back to the TBD game. Unreal.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...of-Grand-Prix/

With the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in the books, April 9 had become the focus for the other half of the quarterfinals, but it now appears that fans will have to wait a little longer to see who will be squaring off with Antonio Silva and Sergei Kharitonov.

Sherdog.com learned today via sources close to the promotion that Strikeforce is planning to run its previously scheduled April date in California, and that the two remaining quarterfinal bouts will most likely be pushed off the card.

Heavyweight Grand Prix participant Josh Barnett was contacted for comment on his fight being pushed back and the former UFC champion said it was the first he had heard of the change in schedule.

“I don’t really have anything to say about it,” said Barnett, “I have not heard anything from the promotion yet.”

Strikeforce Matchmaker Rich Chou offered no comment when contacted Monday evening. Promotion CEO Scott Coker has not yet replied to requests for confirmation.
                    well that sucks.
                    ive started gravitating towards strikeforce more and more now...they just have more entertaining fights than the UFC. i think both have quality fighters, but i already have showtime, so fuck paying $45 for a ppv that leaves me less then thrilled when its over. the last few strikeforce fights ive seen have all been impressive. i like watching the chicks beat the hell out of each other too.
                    2011 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, if there is a possible good thing to the delays, it is that they are now supposedly booked to fight June 18th in Dallas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...ikeforce030211

Cliff notes:

...Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed the tournament date will be moved back and the April 9 event will proceed without Grand Prix matches. The final two first-round matches now will take place on June 18 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas...

...The change came for a number of reasons, but in the end, the biggest problems were licensing issues involving Josh Barnett...

Many of the major state commissions, such as New Jersey and Nevada, would not allow him to fight until California cleared him. But Coker noted a number of states, Texas being among the most prominent, were fine with licensing Barnett provided he passed a steroid test before his fight.

The Dallas show will feature three matches along with the two tournament bouts. “King” Mo Lawal has confirmed his participation. Coker also said the return of Carano after what would be nearly two years away from the sport also is possible for that date.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                        Well, if there is a possible good thing to the delays, it is that they are now supposedly booked to fight June 18th in Dallas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...ikeforce030211

Cliff notes:

...Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed the tournament date will be moved back and the April 9 event will proceed without Grand Prix matches. The final two first-round matches now will take place on June 18 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas...

...The change came for a number of reasons, but in the end, the biggest problems were licensing issues involving Josh Barnett...

Many of the major state commissions, such as New Jersey and Nevada, would not allow him to fight until California cleared him. But Coker noted a number of states, Texas being among the most prominent, were fine with licensing Barnett provided he passed a steroid test before his fight.

The Dallas show will feature three matches along with the two tournament bouts. “King” Mo Lawal has confirmed his participation. Coker also said the return of Carano after what would be nearly two years away from the sport also is possible for that date.
                        Yes sir. I believe they are also adding Nick Diaz and Paul Daley to this card as well. I'm SO in for this!

Comment

I'll be there too.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Damn, hopefully i'm there too

Comment

Anybody watch this weekend? Dan Henderson getting the LHW belt by ko'ing Fajoa(sp?). Thought it was pretty impressive coming from a 40yr old.

Comment

Working...
                              X