No announcement yet.

Jet's Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an odd situation. Everything out now says Geno Smith is the one who owed the Enemkpali money. Geno refused to pay him back the $600 he borrowed, and put his finger in Enemkpali's face saying "fuck you, you won't do anything about it." I'd have cold cocked his sorry ass too. I can understand why the Jets are pissed, but they should be more pissed at Geno than the guy who called his bluff.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

What this shows is their young quarterback doesn't have his shit together. A starting quarterback of an NFL franchise should not be getting into trivial and childish situations such as not paying teammates money back. And to top it off, shit talking and goading players into fighting.

The situation was initially reminiscent of the Clint Longley/Roger Staubach sucker punch, but this sounds like it was a little more mutual.
      Last edited by CJ; 08-12-2015, 04:12 PM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post

The situation was initially reminiscent of the Clint Longley/Roger Staubach sucker punch, but this sounds like it was a little more mutual.
        Only Longley really did blindside Staubach, and Staubach proceeded to beat the shit out of Longley.

Sounds like Geno just cried like a bitch.
        Last edited by bcoop; 08-12-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Only Longley really did blindside Staubach, and Staubach proceeded to beat the shit out of Longley.

Sounds like Geno just cried like a bitch.
          lol @ Rex Ryan taking the IE in waivers.

IIRC, Longley mouthed off at Roger and and he got his ass kicked. On the last day of training camp he cold cocked Roger, took off running, jumped in his car and took off, never to been or heard from again. No interviews or nothing over the years, he made be dead now...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

IIRC, Longley mouthed off at Roger and and he got his ass kicked. On the last day of training camp he cold cocked Roger, took off running, jumped in his car and took off, never to been or heard from again. No interviews or nothing over the years, he made be dead now...
            That was before my time, but the guys on the Ticket were saying that Longley was running his mouth long after the fight as well, telling reporters he'd be in Dallas on such and such dates, and that Roger knew where to find him if he wanted some more. Which is funny, coming from the guy who got his ass kicked.

Comment

That was before my time, but the guys on the Ticket were saying that Longley was running his mouth long after the fight as well, telling reporters he'd be in Dallas on such and such dates, and that Roger knew where to find him if he wanted some more. Which is funny, coming from the guy who got his ass kicked.
              Yea, henry is right about the running thing. He hit and ran.

Comment

I don't think players get hazed in their second year which might be one reason Geno didn't want to pay him.

Comment

Before my time too, I just remember seeing a documentary on the NFL network not too long ago and they were interviewing ex-players about what happened. Of course there is always more to the story, lol @ Longley talking shit afterwards, haha!
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                    I don't think players get hazed in their second year which might be one reason Geno didn't want to pay him.
                    It didn't have anything to do with hazing. Geno Smif agreed to attend a football camp for kids that IE was throwing in Texas. They sent a driver to pick Smif at the airport and he never showed, after two hours of trying to contact him someone finally called the driver back and told him that Smif wasn't on the plane and wasn't coming to the camp. Something about Smif's brother involved in an accident, IE and Smif agreed that because of the circumstances involved if he could just pay back the $600.00 for the plane ticket and that all would be cool. Smif agreed to pay him when they met up at training camp. As with all hood rats, Smif never uttered a word about the money so after two weeks, IE asked about getting paid and Smif swolled up and got knocked the fuck out.

I really don't see the problem, pay the man on what was agreed upon and nothing happens. He knew he had a commitment in Texas and that a plane ticket was already paid for as well as a ride to and from the camp for kids. Oh well, act hoodish, get hoodish results, lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                      What the ever loving fuck does hazing have to do with non payment of a debt that was owed?

Comment

^^^

Haha!

Comment

What the ever loving fuck does hazing have to do with non payment of a debt that was owed?
                          Similar to the 20k meals they stiff the rookies? I'm just grabbing at straws.

Comment

I think he is talking along the lines of rookies being left with the check at restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Similar to the 20k meals they stiff the rookies? I'm just grabbing at straws.
                              Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              I think he is talking along the lines of rookies being left with the check at restaurants.
                              Again, those are $20k tabs that rookies know in advance they have to pay. This was an agreement between two men. And I'm not talking about the original agreement, I'm talking about the $600.00 which was agreed upon to be taken care of at the start of training camp. He would have not gotten his jaw broken if he would have just said, "oh yeah let me get that for you", instead he provoked another man into a fight, which is what he got.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                Again, those are $20k tabs that rookies know in advance they have to pay. This was an agreement between two men. And I'm not talking about the original agreement, I'm talking about the $600.00 which was agreed upon to be taken care of at the start of training camp. He would have not gotten his jaw broken if he would have just said, "oh yeah let me get that for you", instead he provoked another man into a fight, which is what he got.
                                I'm on your side. I'm just trying to explain why he may have thought that.

Comment

Working...
                                X