No announcement yet.

Draft Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cowboys basically got 3 first rounders this draft...fucking brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      NFL owners and coaches are sitting down right about now wondering what the fuck just happened as Dallas rapes everyone. Jerry Jones hasn't picked up a RB because he planned to strengthen the line enough so he himself can take the spot.
      Just imagine what happens when Dallas trades a first and forth round pick for A.P.. Philthy fans will be swinging in their closets.

Jerry has always been the best pitch man in the NFL, when it comes to wooing players. But he really broke it off in their ass this time. Literally every team in the NFL wanted him. Philly, Buffalo, Miami, and Dallas, and the Patriots REALLY wanted him. Patriots were reported to be the front runner, before they even met with him (which never happened, because he signed here before they had a chance to meet). Think about that. The top OL prospect in the draft chose Dallas over the reigning SB champs. That really says something about what Stephen and Red Jesus have been building, and also speaks to just how much stronger they got in this draft.

As for AP, still not going to happen. It was never going to happen. It really doesn't need to happen.

Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
      The Cowboys basically got 3 first rounders this draft...fucking brilliant.
      2 top 10s, and a top 20. They also had the second highest SPARQ score of all teams in this draft class, only bested by Seattle.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

lol@ "swinging in their closets"...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have to admit, I'm kind of excited about this year.

Comment

I wish we would sign Ray Rice. He's still got a few good years left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              I have to admit, I'm kind of excited about this year.
              You should be. And more than just this year. This is a pretty young team, so things should be bright for years to come. They'll have more work to do in next year's offseason and draft on the defensive side of the ball, but things are looking very, very positive.

Philly had a pretty decent draft too, and after Dallas landing Collins, they're now worried and making excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                I wish we would sign Ray Rice. He's still got a few good years left in him.

Nah, they'll be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  You should be. And more than just this year. This is a pretty young team, so things should be bright for years to come. They'll have more work to do in next year's offseason and draft on the defensive side of the ball, but things are looking very, very positive.
                  I'm afraid they'll need to start looking for a quarterback soon, too.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    Didn't even cross my mind, but yes. They've already said they will address QB in the early rounds next year.

They did draft a QB this year. Late rounder though, the kid out of UTEP. Highly doubtful he's the QB of the future, though stranger things have happened... Like Romo...

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      They need to find one and groom him to take over for Romo. I was hoping they'd pick up bryce petty but given the way JJ is he'll end up getting Johnny Manziel.

Comment

Philly had a pretty decent draft too, and after Dallas landing Collins, they're now worried and making excuses.
                        Are we going to have to worry about losing any key people at the end of the season due to free agency or any other shit like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                          Are we going to have to worry about losing any key people at the end of the season due to free agency or any other shit like that?
                          Yes and no. The cap situation is getting better every year, and they aren't really doing anything stupid in terms of retarded contracts, huge free agent signings, etc. The link below lists the 2016 unrestricted free agents, but I question a couple of these. For instance, they say Dez is a FA after this season, but the Cowboys have the ability to franchise tag him again. They also don't list Frederick and I'm almost positive he is due a new deal after this season. They'll get that deal done though, I'm not that worried about it. As for key players, Bryant, Brent, Mincey, Dunbar, Tyrone Crawford, Wilber, Jones, and Hanna I would like to have back. I'd like Hardy back too if he can stop being stupid and perform on the field. Out of those, only Hardy and Bryant will command massive contracts. Frederick will want to, and should get paid near the top of avg for his position. But this is a center, so the dollars aren't terrible.

Sign in to your Spotrac Premium account to gain access to complete info, unique tools, and more!

2017 might hurt a little, but we shall see.

Comment

Just as I was typing that, Josh Brent announced his retirement, so you can scratch him off the list. We need to find a DT to fill his spot.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Just as I was typing that, Josh Brent announced his retirement, so you can scratch him off the list. We need to find a DT to fill his spot.
                                I guess the pressure to do the right thing is too much for him...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X