Dez getting franchise tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dez getting franchise tag

Stephen Jones, the Cowboys chief operating officer, said the club will place the franchise tag on Bryant Monday. Tom Condon, who now represents the Pro Bowl receiver in negotiations, was informed of the club’s intentions by Jones in a call Friday afternoon.

Never was a doubt in my mind. I just can't rap my head around why players hate it so much. It's enormous single season contract

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Never was a doubt in my mind. I just can't rap my head around why players hate it so much. It's enormous single season contract
      Because they'll have to perform every year

Comment

Good, hes getting paid and if he keeps his shit straight he's gonna get paid next year fo sho. I'm sure all that shit that came out in the news this past week weighed heavy on J.J.

I really do hope they sign Murray next.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Good, hes getting paid and if he keeps his shit straight he's gonna get paid next year fo sho. I'm sure all that shit that came out in the news this past week weighed heavy on J.J.

I really do hope they sign Murray next.
          I'd be surprised if they got to keep both.

Comment

Anybody heard anything else about AP going to the cowboys?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              Anybody heard anything else about AP going to the cowboys?
              Minnesota will NOT trade him to Dallas. He'd have to be released for that to happen. They're not going to let him walk unless their hand is forced, and too many people need a RB for that to happen. Someone will give them something for him.

I do believe Atlanta will give Murray a monster contract though, so he won't be in a Dallas uniform this next season imo.

This Dez thing could be a negotiation tactic. Teams threaten the tag all the time and get the deal done in the final hours before the deadline.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Because they want a long-term contract with the largest amount of guaranteed money possible. The Franchise Tag only gives them one year and if they get hurt, etc. that's it vs. having a contract that would have a certain amount of money guaranteed for injury.

I think just about everyone saw this coming and I knew one way or the other he'd be a Cowboy in 2015.

Now this gives them another year to work out a deal or they can franchise him again at 120% of this deal.
                2011 Mustang GT - California Special - Black/Black - M6 - 3.73's

Mods: Roush CAI, GT500 Cat-Back Exhaust, Spohn Performance Lower Control Arms

Comment

Working...
                X