Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Young trade possibly in the works (again)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When J-Ham was traded to the Rangers, three team mates were there to greet him at his press conference upon arriving to Texas. Milton Bradley, Ian Kinsler, and Mike Young.

Hamilton speaks of this in his book, and so does his wife. They both agreed that this was a HUGE part of why Josh wishes to stay in Texas, because of the comradeship.

Rockies talked to the Rangers during the Winter meetings, where the Rangers suggested a package of Jose Lopez and Aaron Cook. They were reluctant on Aaron Cook, and later mentioned that Dexter Fowler is off limits.

Young's no-trade clause can veto any transactions between the Cardinals, Yankees, Twins, Astros, Rockies, Dodgers, Angels and Padres.

Recently the Phillies have contacted the Rangers and Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that the Mets should pursuit Young. In his column he talks about offloading Jason Bay that way both teams could benefit from dumping salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      JD shouldn't have to coddle a declining player that's overpaid. I like MY for what he has done in the past and I'm sure he will be productive for a few more years but he's getting paid like a super star player and he's not. A .285 average with 20 or so home runs, 85-90 RBIS is pretty good for a quality position player but Young has been a defensive liability.

Miguel Tejada made $6 million last year and will make $6.5 this year and Jimmy Rollins made $8.5 and will again this year. Both are former MVPs and Rollins is a multiple gold glover. If you take Arod (way overpaid) and Longoria (way underpaid) out of the equation then a quality 3rd basemen is worth somewhere between these two guys, MY makes nearly double and doesn't bring anywhere near the glove.
      Excellent post!
      Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

I know Hambone and MY are friends, but I wonder if Hammy was taking a shot at Michael in this statement, and suggesting he quit whining and man up?

"I want to be whatever and wherever it makes our team better," Hamilton said. "If that's center field, it will be center field. If that's left field, it will be left field. I will play where I'm told.
        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
          I know Hambone and MY are friends, but I wonder if Hammy was taking a shot at Michael in this statement, and suggesting he quit whining and man up?

"I want to be whatever and wherever it makes our team better," Hamilton said. "If that's center field, it will be center field. If that's left field, it will be left field. I will play where I'm told.
          If it is I respect him a whole lot more for it. Don't think I'll trade my Kunkel jersey in for a #32 yet though. It'd make me look like a band waggoner (attended my first game in 1983, have been a fan ever since).

When the face of the franchise is being a bitch the reigning MVP should be the one to put him in his place. Man up in spring training and maybe he could win Kinsler or Elvis's job.

Comment

We've been fans since about the same time then. I attended my first game in '84. I don't remember much from that game, but I do remember walking into the women's restroom on accident. I was only 10 at the time, so it was more embarrassing than enlightening!
            Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Still no trade... looks like MY may be showing up to spring training with the Rangers.

Comment

Based on the past 2 years Young wouldn't be bad to have around when Kinsler goes down.
                An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Someone just told this Ranger fan, and it made it to Yahoo's main page. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X