Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Young trade possibly in the works (again)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the words of the Ranger commercials: "It is time!"

Comment

I'm all for it after his abysmal defense last year. I don't remember how his bat was, but seemed to recall it being a bit worse than previous years. The only thing that pops out in my mind is his constant botching of routine ground balls.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
        I'm all for it after his abysmal defense last year. I don't remember how his bat was, but seemed to recall it being a bit worse than previous years. The only thing that pops out in my mind is his constant botching of routine ground balls.
        Besides being a butcher at third, his bat was pretty good until the playoffs. He pretty much stunk in all but one series.
        Last edited by Vertnut; 02-07-2011, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I like MY, but if he goes, it won't hurt my feelings. Just don't trade him to the Angels.
          Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Besides being a butcher at third, his bat was pretty good until the playoffs. He pretty much stunk in all but one series.
            Beltre's not much better at third, statistically speaking.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
              They both had 19 errors.

I will agree Youngs range has fallen a little. I wouldn't count him out as an average 3rd baseman.

Comment

I agree, but he's 3 years younger and hit .321 with some pop. They both had 19 errors. It just seemed like Youngs' errors came at the most inopportune times.
                Last edited by Vertnut; 02-07-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I'll take a Young for Ubaldo Jimenez or Carlos Gonzales trade any day of the week.

Also take Elvis out of the mix and Young would have had 50+ errors, then factor in Chris Davis and add another 5+. Young had lots of help from the younger players covering for him.

Comment

Explain how Andrus saved him 30 errors. I can see a first baseman making a big impact, but I don't see it from a shortstop.
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

What happened with all this? Young has obviously had a change of heart, as he has requested a trade per the Rangers.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Explain how Andrus saved him 30 errors. I can see a first baseman making a big impact, but I don't see it from a shortstop.
                        By running behind him and catching balls under his glove or just plain out of his range.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          By running behind him and catching balls under his glove or just plain out of his range.
                          That's what I thought. Those aren't errors.
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            What happened with all this? Young has obviously had a change of heart, as he has requested a trade per the Rangers.
                            I heard that this morning...that Young was requesting a trade. I'm sure when Beltre got signed for $16 mil a year, he felt like he was done.

Comment

That's what I thought. Those aren't errors.
                              Just damn good plays.

Comment

Working...
                              X