NASCAR 2011 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR 2011 season

It's about that time folks! I really hope someone takes the crown away from Jimmie this year it's getting ridiculous. I think Kyle Busch will have yet another great season in the Camping, Nationwide & Cup series but hopefully he can turn it into championships and not just a bunch of wins.

Busch is just five victories behind Mark Martin, and he's run 29 fewer races than the veteran. With the way things are going, it wouldn't be surprising for him to grab that record well before the midpoint of 2011. A fourth consecutive owner's title for Joe Gibbs Racing is probably not only a possibility, but a likelihood as well until someone shows they can outperform Busch on a week-to-week basis.

How about Kasey Kahne switching it up this season and will be driving the #4 Toyota sponsored by Red Bull?

Anyways my predictions for the season is Kyle will run partial seasons in the Camping world series and Nationwide series and lead in all categories including laps led and wins. As for the Cup series Kyle will more then likely fuck it up during the playoffs as usual. /End

Comment

Childress needs to start crackin heads in his camp. Something needs to change.

I'm a Busch brothers fan as well, but I'm really expecting Jeff Gordon to make a comeback this season. He's pissed and he's tired of getting wrecked.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Childress needs to start crackin heads in his camp. Something needs to change.

I'm a Busch brothers fan as well, but I'm really expecting Jeff Gordon to make a comeback this season. He's pissed and he's tired of getting wrecked.
        I've been a long time fan of Jeff Gordon growing up and I'd love to see him dominate once again. I think he has just been taking it a bit easy because of the new born but he will get things corrected this season hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
          I've been a long time fan of Jeff Gordon growing up and I'd love to see him dominate once again. I think he has just been taking it a bit easy because of the new born but he will get things corrected this season hopefully.
          It's my understanding that his engineer was put on another team last season and never could get dialed in.

Comment

I read that fuel injection might make it's way to NASCAR in the next few years. Also they are changing the points system a little.
            David

1986 GT

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
              It's about that time folks! I really hope someone takes the crown away from Jimmie this year it's getting ridiculous. I think Kyle Busch will have yet another great season in the Camping, Nationwide & Cup series but hopefully he can turn it into championships and not just a bunch of wins.

Busch is just five victories behind Mark Martin, and he's run 29 fewer races than the veteran. With the way things are going, it wouldn't be surprising for him to grab that record well before the midpoint of 2011. A fourth consecutive owner's title for Joe Gibbs Racing is probably not only a possibility, but a likelihood as well until someone shows they can outperform Busch on a week-to-week basis.

How about Kasey Kahne switching it up this season and will be driving the #4 Toyota sponsored by Red Bull?

Anyways my predictions for the season is Kyle will run partial seasons in the Camping world series and Nationwide series and lead in all categories including laps led and wins. As for the Cup series Kyle will more then likely fuck it up during the playoffs as usual. /End
              You're slacking yo.

Points changes.
              http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-considers-eliminating-points-system-011711 Updated Jan 17, 2011 5:54 PM ET CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) NASCAR is considering scrapping the points system it has used since 1975 in favor of a simpler method that awards points per finishing position, The Associated Press has learned.

Drivers may contend for only 1 championship.
              http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-drivers-reportedly-may-chase-just-one-title-011011 Updated Jan 11, 2011 3:04 PM ET You want to chase a NASCAR title this year? Fine, but you have to pick just one. NASCAR is requiring drivers to choose only one from among its top three series ? Sprint Cup, Nationwide and

Comment

<-------------Part of Jr. Nation
                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by badass2000gt View Post
                  <-------------part of loser nation
                  fixed!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
                    fixed!
                    No shit. He needs to do something. I've just been a earnhardt fan my whole life.
                    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Nascar? B-O-R-I-N-G!

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        Nascar? B-O-R-I-N-G!
                        I used to think so as well. But once you get into the strategy, the rivalries, set ups, teams and the drama behind the scenes, it's very addicting to get into . Watch a few episodes of Inside Nascar on Showtime and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                          You're slacking yo.

Points changes.
                          http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-considers-eliminating-points-system-011711 Updated Jan 17, 2011 5:54 PM ET CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) NASCAR is considering scrapping the points system it has used since 1975 in favor of a simpler method that awards points per finishing position, The Associated Press has learned.

Drivers may contend for only 1 championship.
                          http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4691
                          Kyle Busch just wants wins.... I thought it's been like that? He dominated Nationwide last year and truck series but couldn't win the championship simply because he didn't race a full season. He won over half the races he competed in though.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                            No shit. He needs to do something. I've just been a earnhardt fan my whole life.
                            His grandpaw and his dad were complete badass', him not so much.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
                              His grandpaw and his dad were complete badass', him not so much.
                              Jr is more like a complete dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                              X