Herschel Walker wants to return to the NFL at age 48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    ... how fucking cool would it be for a 50 yr old EX NFL star to return to the NFL, and be productive?
    Morten Andersen? George Blanda?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

He took some hard hits back in the day, he wouldn't last a full quarter of football in todays game. Young bucks are getting carted off the field in almost every game, he would be included on that list/cart.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

his last few years were pretty meh, but interesting to see if he had any left in the tank.

Comment

Take the attention of Favre
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

You know I wouldn't put pass Al Davis to sign him. I don't think even JJ would sign him.
            2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Considering he's contractually obligated to Strikeforce right now I don't see this happening. He must have gotten hit really hard in the head during training to even consider returning to the NFL.

Comment

Herschel was/is a "north/south" runner, period. He couldn't turn a corner when he was 28 and running a 4.2 40 back then, so I'm certain he couldn't do it now. He made his living in college AND pro's by running over people. That won't happen now. He should stick to the ring. At least there's only ONE guy trying to kill you at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Considering he's contractually obligated to Strikeforce right now I don't see this happening. He must have gotten hit really hard in the head during training to even consider returning to the NFL.
                  What are the terms of the contract with Strikeforce?

Comment

I would like to see him get a shot.

TREE FIDDY
                    sigpic

www.metroplexkustoms.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                      What are the terms of the contract with Strikeforce?
                      He's on the all the cans you can beat plan... Once a year or they find some other scrub with no experience to match him up with and try to sell it as a legitimate pro fight. The guy he's fighting this weekend has had 1 fight since 2001 and got KTFO.

I couldn't find the official details of his contract anywhere, but I would bet that whenever Herschel gets beat, he will be let out of his contract.

Comment

Typical contracts say that obviously they can't fight anywhere else or parttake in other dangerous activities that could risk their health and injuries. There is also a TON of other restrictions the UFC brand fighters have on them about where they can and can't go, who they can and can't talk to, tons of stuff.

Comment

If any old fart could do it my money would be on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            Herschel was/is a "north/south" runner, period. He couldn't turn a corner when he was 28 and running a 4.2 40 back then, so I'm certain he couldn't do it now. He made his living in college AND pro's by running over people. That won't happen now. He should stick to the ring. At least there's only ONE guy trying to kill you at a time.
                            I would like to see him return some kicks. I wonder if he's just talking, or if he will really persue this?

Comment

Working...
                            X