Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Draft

Any thoughts?

Word is that Luck is #1 and hopefully Fairley to the Broncos so they can begin rebuilding on defense.

Luck is staying at Stanford. He announced that almost a week ago. Newton declared last night or this morning. he will not have much impact on the draft though.

I hope the Cowboys go big at O-line and pick up a solid player, but I have heard this class is weak at O-line. Defensive backfield should be there second priority.

Comment

Now I am being serious here, what do you guys think about the cowboys drafting Newton for the future?
      2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
        Now I am being serious here, what do you guys think about the cowboys drafting Newton for the future?
        1- they have too many other immediate needs to address.

2- cam newton won't be shit in the NFL..
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I don't know. If you throw him out there right now as a starter then yes he will be shit. But if he doesn't play for a few years and let some coach him, he might be decent. I just figure wants Romo is done what does the cowboys have to replace him? I think they should get a QB for the future or they might have to go through what they did when Aikman retired.
          2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Luck is staying at Stanford. He announced that almost a week ago. Newton declared last night or this morning. he will not have much impact on the draft though.

I hope the Cowboys go big at O-line and pick up a solid player, but I have heard this class is weak at O-line. Defensive backfield should be there second priority.
            You're right. I seem to remember that now.

Fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

give him some time, i think Newton is a better prospect then Tebow.

Tebow hasnt looked bad for a NFL rookie either....not great, but hasnt looked lost.

Newton wont run over people in the pros , but he's a built guy to do it in certain situations.

Let Newton play sparingly his 1st year (30 plays) and let him earn the starting spot mid way through year 2.
              Originally posted by 03trubluGT
              Your opinion is what sucks.
              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Newton will be just "ok" in the NFL in imo. Definately not worth a 1st round pick with the immediate needs that we have. I personally wouldn't mind picking up Dalton from TCU for the future in a later round.

For 1st round i'm thinkin Prince Amukamara CB from Nebraska, Mark Ingram RB Alabama to replace Marion Barber (he reminds me of Emmitt), or maybe a DE Quinn from UNC/ Clayborn from Iowa/ Kerrigan from Purdue/ Heyward from Ohio St. Theres a good DE class this year and a couple of these guys will be available, Da'Quan Bowers will go top 5 but most of the rest should be there.

I would love to get Von Miller from A&M but we are too solid at OLB, so that won't happen.

Maybe Mike Pouncey OL from Florida in the 2nd, Jaiquan Jarrett FS from Temple in the 3rd, and Andy Dalton QB from TCU in the 4th (probably won't happen, wishfull thinking, Go Frogs!)
                .223 > 911

Comment

Isn't Luck opting to stay another year? I'm confused.

Denver Broncos should draft Patrick Peterson.

Comment

I do know that I am going to kick in the TV if Jones trades down.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                      Isn't Luck opting to stay another year? I'm confused.

Denver Broncos should draft Patrick Peterson.
                      Need to focus on stopping the run first, applying more pressure second and then look to the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        I do know that I am going to kick in the TV if Jones trades down.
                        you dont like trading down for eight 7th round draft picks?
                        Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                        Your opinion is what sucks.
                        You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Blaine Gabbert will be the 1st QB drafter this year. As far as 1st overall, could be several, AJ Green, Nick Fairley, Patrick Peterson, or Da'Quan Bowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Need to focus on stopping the run first, applying more pressure second and then look to the secondary.
                            what about Elvis? He led the league in sacks a year ago... I think he can get the job done for now. If Champ leaves Denver then we have no cover corners.

Shit I completely forgot about Green that guy is a monster though. Who ever he ends up with he will have a impact.

Comment

Cam Newton is a one year wonder. Thats it. he didnt really have a good showing in the Championship game anyways. He has Vince Young written all over him. his
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X