Hamilton hospitalized with pneumonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton hospitalized with pneumonia

Get MLB news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

AL MVP Josh Hamilton remains hospitalized while showing signs of getting better in a bout with pneumonia.

In a statement Wednesday, the Texas Rangers said Hamilton ''is showing significant improvement'' but remained at the hospital for treatment ''in order to accelerate his full recovery.''

The team said Hamilton is expected to be released by the weekend and should be able to resume his conditioning and baseball activities within a few days after his release.

Hamilton was diagnosed Monday with an early case of pneumonia. The Rangers disclosed his condition Tuesday.

Hamilton hit a majors-leading .359 with 32 homers and 100 RBIs last season for the AL champion Rangers.

He's been in the hospital for a couple of days. He was supposed to be release today to go home. Must be pretty bad.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

He's finally out.

Get MLB news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

Wow this is like a week old.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
          Wow this is like a week old.
          Yeah, yesterday is a week old.

Comment

I wonder if this will affect his arbitration hearing? It could be a nasty "tell-all" for all involved. A lot of the time, these hearings leave bad feelings for the athlete, even if he wins. The Rangers are known for playing "hardball" (pun intended!) when dealing with arbitration. I'm certain his health will come into play.

Comment

Working...
            X