Do kickers go into the draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do kickers go into the draft?

I honestly don't know. I think that watching the draft is boring as fuck. Anyhoo, the Cowboys need this guy. A good kicker is so hard to find, especially a good, young kicker. This guy nearly made me shit my pants last year, and the few games I've watched from him. he's been nothing but money. The only FG he missed in 2010 was from 50+yards. A good kicker is a basically a guaranteed 10+ PPG with a team like the cowboys who tend to fall apart in the red zone.

I'm sure that some of you will disagree. "We need a secondary...blah blah blah." How many rookie secondary players really make an impact? Minus Earl Thomas(the guy was a monster at UT, and did very well for the Seahawks).
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Yes kickers enter the draft like everyone else, but tend to not get drafted until later rounds. The very best kickers usually won't even go until at least the 4th round. With the majority being in the last two rounds, or picked up and developed via undrafted free agency.

Alot of secondary players may not be starters right away, but many do play nickel. Which in today's NFL is almost a starting position. Also safetys and CB's are important special teams players. Safetys are fast enough yet strong enough for kick-off coverage, and CB's are excelent gunners on punt coverage. Most importantly though, great CB's are very hard to come by, and are more than worth drafting early to contribute in the next year or two. First round secondary players generally do contribute right away though. (2010- Earl Thomas, Devin McCourty 2009- down year 2008- Leodis McKelvin, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Aqib Talib, Mike Jenkins)
    .223 > 911

Comment

Janikowski went in the first round didnt he?

Comment

Janikowski & Nugent are the only early 1st-2nd rounders i can think of.. but yes, most kickers are they taken in the 6th - UFA
        Originally posted by 03trubluGT
        Your opinion is what sucks.
        You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Buehler was drafted in the 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
            First round secondary players generally do contribute right away though. (2008- Aqib Talib)
            That guy is crazy fast and can jump. I played with him in high school (not that I was any good) but he made me look absolutely terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              the Cowboys need this guy.
              Who?

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              This guy nearly made me shit my pants last year, and the few games I've watched from him. he's been nothing but money. The only FG he missed in 2010 was from 50+yards.
              Which guy?

Comment

Working...
              X