As much as I despise the Eagles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I despise the Eagles...

I'll have to cheer for them if family gets on the field. This is my cousin's son. He's a stud, and I hope he gets a shot on a Sunday. The Eagles have always been his favorite team, so this has to be pretty insane for him.

The Philadelphia Eagles have added a fifth quarterback to their roster, signing G.J. Kinne , according to Adam Caplan . Kinne , 24, is an undrafted free agent out of Tulsa...

Cousin's son isn't close enough a relationship for me to root for, say, the Browns.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      Cousin's son isn't close enough a relationship for me to root for, say, the Browns.
      That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        That's nice.
        Thanks!
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

He's a real good kid, and he's been busting his ass to get where he is. Some of my first memories as a kid are from going to watch his dad play high school ball at North Mesquite, and then also when he went on to be the captain of the defense at Baylor (as middle linebacker). He was signed by the Eagles too, but didn't make the final cut. Likely due to only being 6' and white. Lol. Then he would bring GJ to watch me play high school ball when he was really young. I definitely come from a football family. So anyway, I've been following GJ's career since he was a freshman in high school. When the Jets picked him up, he never even got a chance to take snaps in practice. This will hopefully be different. Kelly's offense uses a dual-thrat QB. Vick is an old turd. Foles is not a dual-threat, and should get traded. GJ runs a sub 4.5 40 and has a hell of an arm. I just hope he actually gets a legitimate shot.

Comment

But that's the great thing about Chip Kelly's offense, you don't HAVE to be a dual threat QB. His offense isn't depended on the running of a QB. His offense runs the ball and needs the QB to be able to make sideline to sideline throws. THEN, if nothing is there the QB needs to have the ability to run. Can Kinne do that, sure. Hopefully he gets a chance, i've followed him since he played for Gilmer and first went to UT.

Now, i've also heard Kelly brought in his old QB Dennis Dixon too. So that'll be interesting to see who gets the backup roll behind Vick.

Comment

GJ runs a sub 4.5 40 and has a hell of an arm. I just hope he actually gets a legitimate shot.
              "In the 40-yard dash, Kinne's best time was 4.59 seconds."

Just saying.

Best of luck to him man, that's gotta be very cool for all of you guys.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                "In the 40-yard dash, Kinne's best time was 4.59 seconds."

Just saying.

Best of luck to him man, that's gotta be very cool for all of you guys.
                Thanks. Maybe I was off.

Comment

I hope he gets the starter job and sucks.

2014 GT
                  2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Thanks. Maybe I was off.
                    4.59 is fucking trucking for a big white dude.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                    X