It's official, the Cowboys have a ginger for a head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Will he be able to pressure the qb. Because no one on the line can.
    I think that's more a product of Wade's style of defense, than the ability of the players. Wade is a hell of a DC, but he doesn't bring much pressure, preferring to play preventative defense. And yes, I realize Wade left halfway through the season. Pasqualoni was just trying to tread water. You can't go making drastic changes like that mid season, and expect any consistency or immediate production.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Cowboys expected to announce Bryan Baker (coached in Carolina under John Fox) as the DL coach today.
      Sweet, that guy has NFL roots for sure. I really like Rob Ryan as well, this defense can only go up, that guy doesn't fuck around...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
        Sweet, that guy has NFL roots for sure. I really like Rob Ryan as well, this defense can only go up, that guy doesn't fuck around...
        Yeah, I like the Ryan hire as well. A whole lot. But he does seem to play some wacky schemes. I don't know if that's adapting to the talent, or lack of that he's had in the past, or what.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Yeah, I like the Ryan hire as well. A whole lot. But he does seem to play some wacky schemes. I don't know if that's adapting to the talent, or lack of that he's had in the past, or what.
          Someone named Belicheat does the same stuff so he may be on to something.

Comment

I can't believe I am going to say this but if there is a 2011 season the cowboys will be going to the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              I can't believe I am going to say this but if there is a 2011 season the cowboys will be going to the playoffs

I'm not ready to be that optimistic myself. But that said, Vegas has Dallas as an 8:1 on winning the SB. Only higher is NE and GB.

Comment

Cowboys have interviewed GB WR coach Jimmy Robinson. Also may be interested in picking up Shaun Rogers.

Comment

Looks like they were able to snag Robinson from Green Bay. I think he'll be a great addition, and Dez Bryant will excel due to this move. I have to admit, I'm not real thrilled about the decision to keep Campo. Here's the finalized coaching staff.

Jason Garrett – Head coach
                  Jimmy Robinson – Asst. head coach / Wide receivers
                  Joe DeCamillis – Special teams coordinator
                  Rob Ryan – Defensive coordinator
                  Hudson Houck – Running game coordinator / Offensive line
                  John Garrett – Passing game coordinator / Tight ends
                  Skip Peete – Running backs
                  Matt Eberflus – Linebackers
                  Wade Wilson – Quarterbacks
                  Dave Campo – Defensive backs
                  Brett Maxie – Defensive backs
                  Wes Phillips – Asst. offensive line
                  Chris Boniol – Asst. special teams / Kickers
                  Keith O’Quinn – Quality control / Wide receivers
                  Bobby King – Defensive assistant / Defensive line
                  Ben Bloom - Defensive quality control / Linebackers
                  Mike Woicik – Strength and conditioning
                  Walt Williams – Asst. strength and conditioning

Comment

Garrett has also put all assistants under the same gag order that Parcells had during his time here. I'm not so sure about this. I completely understand why he did it. But, I don't think you can put a gag in a guy like Rob Ryan and I'm not so sure he needs one. You hire a guy like that to get the team fired up, fans fired up, etc. I don't give a shit if he's cocky. I don't take it so much as cockyness, as confidence. He said at media day yesterday, that he hasn't had a group of players like this to work with in a long time. I'm sure he's referring to his time under Belichick. I like everything I'm hearing from Ryan, and all the others. Now I just hope we have football in 2011 and that these words aren't empty. Time will tell.

Some comments from Ryan yesterday --

"He's a great player," Ryan said of Ratliff. "Our system can find a spot for any great player. He's going to do just fine over the football."

"To be honest with you, I haven't seen talent like this on a defense in a long time," [Rob] Ryan said. "I'm awfully anxious to get going with them."

"The problems and all that? Hey, I'm not here to farm anybody else's land," Ryan said. "I'm going to do a great [expletive] job and you're going to see that."

"We're going to be a great defense," Ryan said. "If I never said that, if I didn't believe that, then you've got the wrong guy. But the right guy is standing here in front of you."

"I'm an honest, hardworking guy that's not exactly a picture of perfect health, a male model, but I'm a damn good football coach. That's what you should expect and that's what you'll get."

We're gonna sic 'em from the word go. We're going to be multiple, we're going to move our 3-4 defense around and get after people," said Ryan, who was quick to respond when asked about the initial changes. "The first thing is attitude. You've got to come in here in the right frame of mind. We've got to attack people, we've got to be on the offensive as defensive players - attack, get the ball back for our offense and give them good field position so we can score. The biggest thing is I'm here to win. With the players we have, the staff we have, all the way from the top from the owner all the way down, we're here to win. That's what we're going to do."

•When asked about the possibility of defensive tackle Jay Ratliff moving to end, Ryan not only balked at that idea, but sounded rather impressed in his meeting with the three-time Pro Bowler. "Oh no, he's a defensive tackle for us. He's an excellent player," Ryan said of Ratliff. "I can't wait to get to work with him. I already met him and what an encouraging thing that is. If they're all like him, we'll be in good shape."

•Ryan sounded rather surprised to hear a reporter suggest Anthony Spencer had regressed from 2009 to last year: "That Spencer regressed, huh? I think he's going to be outstanding. I really do. If he got worse, I can't wait to see him better because I really like the way this guy works. He's smart, he knows protections, he's got a million moves. He's going to be tremendous in our system. I can tell you that for sure."

•Asked if the current secondary scares him, Ryan shrugged off that perception and sounded optimistic of the defensive backs, from the personnel to the coaches. "I don't know. It's a pass league. I think everything we have here we can work with. We have two great secondary coaches in Dave Campo and Brett Maxie. I'm looking forward to working with those guys. I think we're going to have more multiple coverages here in our system. Hopefully that will help. I know we've been No. 1 in passing defense before. I'm looking forward to getting that again."

•With the Jets on the schedule, it means another meeting between the twins - Rob and Rex Ryan, the current Jets head coach: "I think it's going to be fun to go against him. Obviously, they're a well-coached team. They talk a lot of trash and they usually back it up."

•Having coached defensive tackle Shaun Rogers the last two years in Cleveland, Ryan was asked about the possibility of acquiring Rogers, who was recently cut by the Browns. "Shaun is a great player and he's a super talent. I'm sure he'll have interest from a lot of folks. I don't think we're allowed to talk about anyone else off the field. So I'm not going to answer that."

•While Ryan's father, Buddy, was a former head coach in Philadelphia and had his share of controversial moments against the Cowboys, Rob said his dad is certainly a Cowboys fan now. "My father's got a cowboy hat on. Today's his 80th birthday, so he's fired up. He's a Cowboys fan."

Comment

Working...
                    X