No announcement yet.

ufc on fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great card, I'd say 9 out of the 11 fights were exciting. Sad to see BJ and Shogun lose again, but Rory and Gus are animals.

The pan out camera censorship thing is bullshit - I can't stand that. The audio would cut out for naughty language too - drives me nuts. God forbid a fight fan be subjected to some "bad" words.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
      Benson was leg kicking diaz so hard that it was knocking him on his butt almost everytime. The kicks disabled diaz's striking and let benson get some serious hits in on diaz. Benson also used some of his wrestling to get diaz on the ground, and when on the ground diaz couldnt capitalize on any of the leg/knee/ankle locks he was getting in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Benson was the unanimous winner of all the rounds
      Thanks, I was looking forward to the fight..... Wish we could of watched it
      True Street MotorSports
      901 N McDonald St Suite 100
      McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
      Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Originally posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
        Thanks, I was looking forward to the fight..... Wish we could of watched it
        i bet if you google it , you ll find it some place

Comment

Is he like his brother and wants to get booted from the UFC for a bit? I mean you'd think that'd be a bad idea to mess with that sort of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
            This was a great card, I'd say 9 out of the 11 fights were exciting. Sad to see BJ and Shogun lose again, but Rory and Gus are animals.

The pan out camera censorship thing is bullshit - I can't stand that. The audio would cut out for naughty language too - drives me nuts. God forbid a fight fan be subjected to some "bad" words.
            That shit irked also. If they're going to show it live on prime time then don't censored shit. It loses its appeal.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              That shit irked also. If they're going to show it live on prime time then don't censored shit. It loses its appeal.
              its trying to reach a broader audience and the cursing and everything else isn't appealing to some.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                its trying to reach a broader audience and the cursing and everything else isn't appealing to some.
                Then they should watch WWE instead.
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  Then they should watch WWE instead.
                  If you say so, not everyone needs to hear cursing to enjoy a fight. To each their own though.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                    If you say so, not everyone needs to hear cursing to enjoy a fight. To each their own though.
                    It comes with the sport. It's going to happen. They might as well have a delay if they're concerned with censorship.

Comment

FCC still has regulations for live broadcasts. Its less about offending the watchers and more about appeasing he regulating agency.

I just wish they held the frame instead of going to the blank stadium

Comment

Pass the FCC fines on to the offending fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                          Fox would have to pass the fine to the UFC then they would have to pass it to the fighter. Then what happens when the fighter says im not paying. The FCC would still come back to Fox looking for the money, and probably assess penalties for late payment.

Easier for fox to censor it, than to deal with somebody like the Diaz brothers

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                            It doesn't work like that. Regardless of any disclaimer networks are ultimately responsible for the content they air and they are responsible for taking preventative measures in avoiding airing "offensive" material. Either Fox was caught with their pants down and aired the frozen frame at the last second or they just don't give a fuck and think since they only air the frame for a few seconds it won't really matter. Regardless, they are covering their ass no matter how tacky it looks.

Comment

The easy solution is don't put the thug brothers on cable tv

Comment

Originally posted by bert View Post
                                don't broadcast ufc on cable tv
                                ftfy

Comment

Working...
                                X