Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of Andy Reid as Cowboys coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of Andy Reid as Cowboys coach?

I don't see it happening, Andy Reid likes to have some control and say-so...more than jerry is willing to dish out.

When the Eagles play the Cowboys Sunday night in Arlington, Texas, will Andy Reid’s eyes be as much on the home team as his team?

According to an extremely reliable source, who is close to Reid, the long-time Eagles head coach could be the head coach of the archrival Cowboys next year.

Of course, that is all based on Reid being fired by the Eagles, which is expected, and Jason Garrett being let go by the Cowboys, which isn’t quite as sure, but certainly could happen if Dallas does not make the playoffs.

“I know a lot of people think Andy is going to San Diego next year, and I can see that happening,” the source said. “But I keep hearing Dallas. I think he can end up with the Cowboys. As a matter of fact, I think he will end up with the Cowboys, if Jason is fired.”

While there is some sentiment that Reid will take a year off from coaching, if he is fired by the Eagles, several people close to the coach said they will be surprised if he is not coaching next year.

“Andy’s a coach; that’s what he does,” one said. “I don’t see him going into the TV booth, although he probably could. I see him coaching somewhere else if he’s not in Philly.”

If Reid does get fired by the Eagles and hired by another team, it would follow the same path as the past two Eagles coaches, who were also terminated under Jeffrey Lurie’s ownership. Rich Kotite was fired after the 1994 season and took over the Jets in 1995. Ray Rhodes was fired after the 1998 season and took over the Packers in 1999.

It didn’t work out so well for either of them. Kotite didn’t make it through two seasons with the Jets, and Rhodes lasted just one year in Green Bay.

San Diego, assuming Norv Turner is not back, has long been rumored as Reid’s next stop after 14 years with the Eagles. Most of that has been based on the fact that he is a Southern California native and owns a home there.

If Reid is to coach again, he could have his choice of jobs, since up to nine teams may be looking for head coaches.

But if he could stay in the NFC East with a team he knows so well after playing them twice every year — three times in 2009, well, it would have to be tempting.

“I think Andy would be a good fit with the Cowboys,” the source, who dropped the bombshell, said. “I feel he would get along fine with (Cowboys owner) Jerry (Jones). It would be the two of them working together, no middle man to get in the way.”

Reid’s first win as head coach of the Eagles in 1999 came against the Cowboys, 13-10, at old Veterans Stadium.

The following year, he beat the Cowboys, 41-14, on opening day in Dallas on the way to his first playoff season with the Eagles.

Reid actually won seven of his first eight games and 10 of his first 12 against the Cowboys. Since then he has gone 7-9, including a 38-23 loss at home earlier this season to give him a career record of 17-11 against Dallas.

Those 17 wins have come against five Cowboys head coaches: Chan Gailey (1-1), Dave Campo (6-0), Bill Parcells (5-3), Wade Phillips (3-6) and Garrett (2-1).

The win total also matches Reid’s win total against his other two NFC East rivals. He is 17-13 against the Giants, including a win this season, and 17-10 against Washington, including a loss this season.

Reid’s overall career record going into tonight’s game is 139-98-1, which makes him the winningest head coach in Eagles history and the 22nd winningest head coach in NFL history.

Could he really be taking those wins to Dallas next year?

Andy Reid: Head coach of the Cowboys? It would shock some.

“What Andy Reid and his program stand for is the opposite of what the Cowboys stand for,” former Eagles assistant and now Baltimore head coach John Harbaugh said a few years ago in the book Game Changers: The 50 Greatest Plays in Eagles History. “The Cowboys are a star system. It’s all about building around individuals first and collecting talent, collecting great players. Andy has always been about building a team. And over the long haul, it’s a team sport.”
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

The Girls can have Andy Reid....

Have fun with that....

Comment

I predict the same disaster as when everyone went ape shit crazy that Redskins owner hired Old Fossil Gibbs with his old fossil ways in thinking the foreskins were once again SB bound. Nothing makes me giggle more than when the Pats forced him to retire.

Comment

Bringing the head coach of the Cowboys biggest rivalry doesn't seem in Jerry's best interest I would think. Then again that didn't stop him from getting TO

Comment

Not going to happen.

I wouldn't want him here, either. Look at what he's done with Philly. Next season isn't looking too hot, either. The team is in huge cap trouble.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The Cowboys will hire Mack Brown.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Fuck that. Sean Peyton should be at the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                Fuck that. Sean Peyton should be at the top of the list.
                He'll be at the top of the list, but no way will he be coaching here.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                  He'll be at the top of the list, but no way will he be coaching here.

quoted and noted for future reference when he comes here.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    quoted and noted for future reference when he comes here.
                    You really think so?

Comment

I wouldnt mind Reid but I would REALLY like to see Sean Peyton come here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                        I wouldnt mind Reid but I would REALLY like to see Sean Peyton come here!!
                        What sucks is how much of a black hole for talent Jerry has made this team. Players and coaches.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          What sucks is how much of a black hole for talent Jerry has made this team. Players and coaches.
                          Not so sure that I agree on the players portion of that statement, at least, not in the enthusiasm of players to want to play for the cowboys. They are one of the most storied franchises, after all. The ability/wherewithal to acquire the talent though might be the problem.

Just an observation by a hater.

Comment

I think Ryan is doing pretty good coaching the defense, but as for the offense look at what a team and coaching change has done with Marty b. Here they couldn't coach him out of a paper bag. Now he's becoming the tight end everyone knew he was capable of being talent wise.

I admit Dez is doing a better job, but I'm not sure that has to do with the coaches as much as him and Romo working together more.

Comment

I can understand the talent thing, but the last two drafts have been really, really solid.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X