John Elway rejoins the Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
    Yeah that is what I thought. I'd much rather go with someone more defense minded.
    I tend to agree. Mcdanials seem to have the mindset of as long as they scored more, they'd win. Only problem is, he gave away the offense.

Comment

The Denver Broncos made it official, announcing Wednesday that they have hired Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway as the team's executive vice president of football operations and appointed Joe Ellis to team president.

Elway, who led the Broncos to Super Bowl titles after the 1997 and '98 seasons, will oversee the head coach and general manager Brian Xanders, and Elway also will lead the team's head coaching search, the team said.

The Denver Post reported the deal was finalized Tuesday night.

"This is a great day in the history of the Denver Broncos -- for (owner) Pat Bowlen, the entire organization and all the fans of the Broncos," Ellis told the newspaper.

The Broncos are coming off a 4-12 season in which they fired coach Josh McDaniels after a 3-9 start. They have not gone to the playoffs since after the 2005 season.

Elway said: "This is all I've really wanted to do since I retired as a player. Football has been my life. I've waited for years, but the timing is perfect. The stars are aligned.

"Along with everyone else, I knew that the Broncos fans were beginning to question the franchise and losing their loyalty. This is all about tradition and integrity, reaching out to the community, and getting back to football the Broncos way. I want to be a part of making that happen. Our goal is to be back in the Super Bowl as quickly as possible.

The team will introduce Elway -- a man who really needs no introduction to Broncos fans -- at a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

Ellis will have ultimate responsibility over the entire organization.

Good news! John Elway will find a great coach I'm positive. Good to know he doesn't need to answer to anyone but Pat Bowlen himself.

Comment

Well, looks like Mularkey realized that unfucking what McDaniels did was a tough path to take.

Comment

Elway has been with the broncos doing some Marketing/Adverising work for them so he's not re-joining them! I really hope he brings in a defensive minded head coach!
          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
            Elway has been with the broncos doing some Marketing/Adverising work for them so he's not re-joining them! I really hope he brings in a defensive minded head coach!
            He was a consultant, now he's an employee. So he actually rejoined the organization.

Comment

Tomatoes, tomaaatoes! He's been tied in with them for forever now!

Either way, glad he's in charge now! Maybe he can suit up and pick up where he left off...
              Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                Tomatoes, tomaaatoes! He's been tied in with them for forever now!

Either way, glad he's in charge now! Maybe he can suit up and pick up where he left off...
                John Favre??

Comment

Dennis Allen agreed to become the Denver Broncos' defensive coordinator Monday, according to a league source.

Allen, the New Orleans Saints' secondary coach, interviewed with the Broncos and their new coach, John Fox, on Friday. Allen also interviewed for the Philadelphia Eagles' defensive coordinator opening Sunday.

Allen joined the Saints in 2006 as the assistant defensive line coach. He began his NFL coaching career in 2002 with the Atlanta Falcons, for whom he tutored the secondary before being promoted to defensive assistant/quality control.

Allen's college coaching career included stints at Texas A&M (1996-99) as a graduate assistant and the University of Tulsa (2000-01) as the secondary coach.

Comment

Working...
                  X