No announcement yet.

Texas @ Texas Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even like UT, but I'm still trying to figure out what "fanship" even means?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      I don't even like UT, but I'm still trying to figure out what "fanship" even means?
      Fanship is my term for ones loyalty to team, somewhat like the term sportsmanship. I have elected to bring about the term fanship, give it time, it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Trash View Post
        Once again using the term dribble is another attempt to deflect from the actual point. The UT fans have essentially turned on Mac Brown. My fanship is of no consequence in this conversation. I think Mac coaches the way he always has, the defense has some of the best talent in the NCAA but the defensive coaching staff is not able to adjust game play the way Muschamp once did. Also I hold that Mac Brown saved the game by installing McCoy in place of Ash in the last game.
        Coaches come and go, and after all the failed coaches A&M has had since RC, you should know that. My allegiance to UT is a lot stronger than any I would have to Mack Brown. As I stated, his last two seasons were sub-par for ANY Big 12 program. When you mix in some of the dismal performances in big games, it seems even worse. I gave him a reprieve last season when he sent you guys packing with a proper farewell, but other than that, it was not a good season. To say that Mack Brown "saved the game" by installing McCoy is just silly. ANY college coach in his right mind would have done that, and most, probably sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          To say that Mack Brown "saved the game" by installing McCoy is just silly. ANY college coach in his right mind would have done that, and most, probably sooner.
          Most coaches will access to the resources that Mack has would have never been in that position - versus Kansas - to begin with.

Oh look, it's another one of those aggy fans who couldn't give a shit less about UT again. Lmao at trash...
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Once again using the term dribble is another attempt to deflect from the actual point. The UT fans have essentially turned on Mac Brown. My fanship is of no consequence in this conversation. I think Mac coaches the way he always has, the defense has some of the best talent in the NCAA but the defensive coaching staff is not able to adjust game play the way Muschamp once did. Also I hold that Mac Brown saved the game by installing McCoy in place of Ash in the last game.
            No, the dribble was referencing how you always "deflect from the actual point" with your bone headed, wandering dialogue. The actual point was that your comments are comical in their irony.

Comment

fan ship? First time i've ever heard that. LOL

Keep on winnning UT.

How many years are left on Macks contract?

Mack kind of reminds me of Jason Garrett with his stupid press conferences. Now the Cowboys need to can
              Originally posted by 03trubluGT
              Your opinion is what sucks.
              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

The better team won yesterday. We've got 2 tough games of the 3 remaining to finish the season, we'll see if yesterday's game/win was a fluke or not.

Comment

All this "fanship" talk is funny coming from a guy who's fanbase has turned on their starting senior QB for the past 10yrs or so

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    Coaches come and go, and after all the failed coaches A&M has had since RC, you should know that. My allegiance to UT is a lot stronger than any I would have to Mack Brown. As I stated, his last two seasons were sub-par for ANY Big 12 program. When you mix in some of the dismal performances in big games, it seems even worse. I gave him a reprieve last season when he sent you guys packing with a proper farewell, but other than that, it was not a good season. To say that Mack Brown "saved the game" by installing McCoy is just silly. ANY college coach in his right mind would have done that, and most, probably sooner.
                    I don't agree with you on Mack Brown but we can agree to disagree.
                    Last edited by Pro Trash; 11-05-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                      All this "fanship" talk is funny coming from a guy who's fanbase has turned on their starting senior QB for the past 10yrs or so
                      Good point but it does not change the fact UT fans here have turned on Mack Brown in such a odd manner after all he was the coach that put UT in the big game 2 times since 05. You'd think that would at least earn him a little cushion given UT is still in the top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                        No, the dribble was referencing how you always "deflect from the actual point" with your bone headed, wandering dialogue. The actual point was that your comments are comical in their irony.
                        Well when you can state a point without name calling and attempt to have a civilized debate about the fans of the horns by all me means let me know. I have lowered my expectations for you twice in the thread and you have yet to meet them.

Comment

Muschamp was a huge loss. Texas, for a while was the only Big 12 team that had an SEC quality defense. Now that's gone. Colt McCoy made shit happen when "shit" was nowhere to be found. Gilbert was a bust that nobody saw coming. Hell, even that turd was able to bring Texas back in the National Championship against Alabama, only to lose it again, of course. The problem was trying to develop two quarterbacks with completely different strengths. One that can pass and has that gunslinger factor but not fine tuned like his older brother, and Ash. A guy with a lot of potential and who I think will grow into a great QB if they develop his deep threat. He doesn't take a lot of risks but has an accuracy range of like 20 yards at best. The problem was that they probably gave them a 50/50 shot in practice so neither is getting the snaps that they needed in practice to really accel during game time. They put that faith in Ash this season but it seems that his deep ball wasn't developed that well. Big 12 football thrives on big plays. UT put too much faith in a run game with a young OL. Macks biggest fault was taking the big pass plays out of Texas's playbook. He shouldn't be fired for that. Look at UT's record before him, and since he's been there. He put them back on the map, and one shitty year, one okay year, and one hopefully pretty good year shouldn't mean him being let go.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                            Muschamp was a huge loss. Texas, for a while was the only Big 12 team that had an SEC quality defense. Now that's gone. Colt McCoy made shit happen when "shit" was nowhere to be found. Gilbert was a bust that nobody saw coming. Hell, even that turd was able to bring Texas back in the National Championship against Alabama, only to lose it again, of course. The problem was trying to develop two quarterbacks with completely different strengths. One that can pass and has that gunslinger factor but not fine tuned like his older brother, and Ash. A guy with a lot of potential and who I think will grow into a great QB if they develop his deep threat. He doesn't take a lot of risks but has an accuracy range of like 20 yards at best. The problem was that they probably gave them a 50/50 shot in practice so neither is getting the snaps that they needed in practice to really accel during game time. They put that faith in Ash this season but it seems that his deep ball wasn't developed that well. Big 12 football thrives on big plays. UT put too much faith in a run game with a young OL. Macks biggest fault was taking the big pass plays out of Texas's playbook. He shouldn't be fired for that. Look at UT's record before him, and since he's been there. He put them back on the map, and one shitty year, one okay year, and one hopefully pretty good year shouldn't mean him being let go.
                            You make some great points, but (you knew that was coming, right?) when you recruit the best talent in the nation (per sportswriter's, not me) you shouldn't have catastrophic seasons. We hear excuses about how young they are, but two years later, they haven't developed. Ash is fine, but he's not the "answer". The problem was that for seven or eight years, they had Vince Young then McCoy, who were both outstanding and accounted for most of their offense. Mack and Greg Davis got LAZY. They just assumed there was another McCoy out there, and they got Gilbert (bad), then he even thought he'd get the next best McCoy? They act like there's a farm in Texas that grows QB's, and you can just go pick one. In short, I'm afraid the game is passing Mack by. As I stated earlier, if Kansas wins a couple weeks ago, and if I were Dodds, I'd have let him go.

Comment

Good point but it does not change the fact UT fans here have turned on Mack Brown in such a odd manner after all he was the coach that put UT in the big game 2 times since 05. You'd think that would at least earn him a little cushion given UT is still in the top 25.

Overall record won't get Mack fired, but i'll tell you what should. Two conference titles in fourteen year. Let me repeat that for you, TWO conference titles in FOURTEEN YEARS and it took them to reach the national title game for those two to come. Four of the worst beatdowns to OU Texas has ever had has come during Mack's time including the past two years in a row. He seems to never have them ready to come out and play in that game and that game is what matters. I know you aggy like to think that game on or around Thanksgiving is what really matter but that just isn't true. Maybe that's why you think Mack should stay and is still a good coach cause he beat aggy more than lost to them? I don't know.

Back to the OU game, even when Texas has won they have come out slow and not prepard, see the '08 and '09 games. Even when Texas wins they are called soft and that lays soley on Mack Brown, who is more like a grandpa out there then a coach. I'm not saying Mack is a bad coach, i've had his back for the past 13yrs until Oct. 13 came this year. After watching that game and seeing how the team was not prepared, i'm done. Change always comes and isn't always a bad thing. I think it's time for some change around UT. UNFORTUNATLY, I don't think Brown goes anywhere until Dodds does.

Somthing has to change down there, just time for some new blood

Comment

Well when you can state a point without name calling and attempt to have a civilized debate about the fans of the horns by all me means let me know. I have lowered my expectations for you twice in the thread and you have yet to meet them.
                                What are you expecting? I'm making fun of you. I don't expect you to keep up. I do expect long winded, barely intelligible diatribes that make me concerned for your students. But it does appear you have learned to form cohesive sentences since I last remember you posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X