NBA draft lotto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA draft lotto

So New Orleans wins it and the one dude who is a supposed sure thing. Kinda funny how Tom Benson just bought the team saving the NBA huge credibility and money then gets rewarded with the number one pick.

I know it is tinfoil hat territory but I still think the NFL made Houston pass a on Reggie Bush after Katrina in order to save the Saints. Maybe the Hornets got a "special" ball. Mind you I know shit about the NBA just quinky-dink on two fronts just when NOLA needs it again...

Houston did the right thing that year, Mario Williams is a better player than Bush. I'm just glad the Nets didn't get a top three pick. Their pick is going to Portland, more reason for Deron Williams to join the Mavs.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
      Houston did the right thing that year, Mario Williams is a better player than Bush. I'm just glad the Nets didn't get a top three pick. Their pick is going to Portland, more reason for Deron Williams to join the Mavs.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
      True but Reggie was from the state next door where a lot of the refuse went after Katrina. A big name offensive guy they needed at the time. He helped bring them back a bit. I lived there at the time and they talked about him then like he was the next comming of Jesus cept with dreads.
      Last edited by Couver; 05-30-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Houston picked Mario Williams because he was better than Bush and Young.

With that being said, the NBA doesn't have the integrity of the NFL. I have little doubt that the NBA lottery is fixed.

After last year's lottery where the Cleveland Cavs won the #1 pick with a 2.8% chance. Cleveland's ambassador to the event was a 14 year old boy with a nerve disease, and the Cavs were still trying to make up for LeBron dumping them. David Kahn of the Timberwolves summed it up pretty well:

"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines," Kahn said. "Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy and the only thing we have in common is we have both been bar mitzvahed. We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."

So the last three years the lotto winners have been: The widow of a historic NBA figure who had just passed, a kid with a nerve disease representing a team who had just been screwed over, and a team who saved the NBA's ass. Hmm...either Karma works 10 fold in the NBA, or they give the 1st pick to whoever they want.
        .223 > 911

Comment

Definitely rigged.

Remember last year after Lebron left Cleveland they got the #1 pick, now this year after Chris Paul leaves Hornets get the #1 pick. hmmmm
          Last edited by bjtheman1; 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
            yep

Originally posted by Couver View Post
            He helped bring them back a bit. I lived there at the time and they talked about him then like he was the next comming of Jesus cept with dreads.
            Bush doesn't have dreads...
            Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
            Houston picked Mario Williams because he was better than Bush and Young.

With that being said, the NBA doesn't have the integrity of the NFL. I have little doubt that the NBA lottery is fixed.

After last year's lottery where the Cleveland Cavs won the #1 pick with a 2.8% chance. Cleveland's ambassador to the event was a 14 year old boy with a nerve disease, and the Cavs were still trying to make up for LeBron dumping them. David Kahn of the Timberwolves summed it up pretty well:

"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines," Kahn said. "Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy and the only thing we have in common is we have both been bar mitzvahed. We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."

So the last three years the lotto winners have been: The widow of a historic NBA figure who had just passed, a kid with a nerve disease representing a team who had just been screwed over, and a team who saved the NBA's ass. Hmm...either Karma works 10 fold in the NBA, or they give the 1st pick to whoever they want.
            all that....
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
              Definitely rigged.

Remember last year after Lebron left Cleveland they got the #1 pick, now this year after Chris Paul leaves Hornets get the #1 pick. hmmmm
              I agree 100% with this. Also, doesn't the nba own the hornets right now?

Edit: Nvm just saw that Benson bought them.
              Last edited by Machx2; 05-31-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

True but Reggie was from the state next door where a lot of the refuse went after Katrina. A big name offensive guy they needed at the time. He helped bring them back a bit. I lived there at the time and they talked about him then like he was the next comming of Jesus cept with dreads.
                No, Bush is from California (born there, went to high school there, played college ball there).
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  No, Bush is from California (born there, went to high school there, played college ball there).
                  Maybe he thinks Texas and California are one state.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    Maybe he thinks Texas and California are one state.
                    Eat a dick....

I was thinking of Cedric Benson. They still thought Reggie was god though.

Comment

Eat a dick....

I was thinking of Cedric Benson. They still thought Reggie was god though.
                      Benson was drafted by Chicago, I believe Ricky Williams is the name you're looking for.
                      .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                        Benson was drafted by Chicago, I believe Ricky Williams is the name you're looking for.
                        Got my head firmly in my ass on this thread..

Still meant Bush for Nola the rest meh and still say the draft was rigged

Comment

Working...
                        X