No announcement yet.

Lee signs with the Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this will be a blessing for the Rangers. That's a lot of scratch and a lot of years for a pitcher that's already in his 30's. I am very happy he did not go to the Yanks tho. Not taking anything away from Lee, he's a great pitcher. But he got beat my Lincecum twice in the series. If the Rangers wanna commit that long to a pitcher, I would rather it be someone younger. Now they just gotta find someone

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
      Sucks to see him go, but I'm glad they didn't spend that much money on him for that length of time. We were in 1st place last year without him. We still would have won the division, I just don't think we make it past Tampa w/o him. Our staff really didn't suck...so we'll be fine. I think the pitchers that were on the team last year benefited from seeing him work. Now lets just hope the Rangers don't trade the farm for Greinke.
      Completely agree, C.J Wilson looked like an ace after Lee showed up.
      Originally posted by BERT View Post
      Because he wants to win a ring??
      We made it further than the Phills did. They look better now, but thats cause Cliff is there.
      Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      im just glad i didnt buy a cliff lee texas rangers jersey lol
      I was soooo close. Then my brain kicked in, and I said "I'm gunna wait and see if he signs long term." Thank God
      Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      As a Braves fan, I think our next acquisition should be some snipers to take out the Phillies rotation...
      I lol'd
      .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
        We made it further than the Phills did. They look better now, but thats cause Cliff is there.

I lol'd
        They did run into the same team that took 4 out of 5 on the Rangers....A round earlier...

Stupid pitching vs hitting....
        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
          They did run into the same team that took 4 out of 5 on the Rangers....A round earlier...

Stupid pitching vs hitting....
          valid point, damn giants
          .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
            valid point, damn giants
            X a billion.....
            Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              Comparing him to Lebron, seriously? Cleveland raised Lebron, he was a standout in high school and had a huge fan base before the Cavs drafted him. He was the closest thing the city had to a saviour and he thumbed his nose at them for a little more money.
              Lolz, He left 30 Million dollars on the table to play in Miami. He had every right to go play anywhere he wanted.

Comment

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Comment

Bummed he is'nt a going to be a Ranger, but glad he's not a fucking Yank-me.

Comment

Lee likes to bat, and he dont like the YANKEES!
                    Daddy nolan didnt have enough cheddar on the steaks!
                    I'M glad he's out of the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by Odizzle View Post
                      Lee likes to bat, and he dont like the YANKEES!
                      Daddy nolan didnt have enough cheddar on the steaks!
                      I'M glad he's out of the AL.
                      How do you figure? The Rangers offered him the 7 year contract that he originally asked for and for almost as much as the price the Yankees offered. If that were the case he would have went to NY if it was about the cash. The Phillies didn't have near as long or lucrative offers as both Texas and NY.

Comment

i never heard what deal the rangers wanted to give him, just assumed it was less.
                        i thought he would stay in Arlington but i was wrong, i dont see him having 7 years left anyway. they got him pretty figured out in the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                          How do you figure? The Rangers offered him the 7 year contract that he originally asked for and for almost as much as the price the Yankees offered. If that were the case he would have went to NY if it was about the cash. The Phillies didn't have near as long or lucrative offers as both Texas and NY.
                          No they didn't. They offered him 6 years with an option for a 7th if he met some conditions, but even then they didn't want to offer him the 6th year.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                          X