NFL Playoff picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Playoff picture

If playoffs started today this is what it would look like. Only 1 more week left in the NFL and still a whole lot of divisional match ups left. Who's in and who's out?

Last edited by papapepper; 12-29-2010, 08:34 AM.

Saints and Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Comment

I know I'd love to see the Saints vs Bears rematch for the NFC title game. I think the Jaguars will eventually fall and Indianapolis will be there to take over.

Chiefs @ Baltimore in the wild card. Baltimore wins.
      Colts @ Jets in the wild card. Colts win.
      Baltimore @ the Pats in the AFC game. Baltimore wins.
      Colts @ Pittsburgh in the AFC game. Pittsburgh wins.
      Pittsburgh @ Baltimore in the AFC title game. Baltimore wins.

Rams @ Falcons in the wild card. Falcons win.
      Giants @ Eagles in the wild card. Eagles win.
      Eagles @ Saints in NFC game. Saints win.
      Falcons @ Bears in NFC game. Bears win.
      Saints @ Bears in NFC title game. Saints win.

New Orleans vs Baltimore for the Super Bowl. Saints win.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Saints and Steelers in the Super Bowl.
        My girlfriend would love that..... She is a die hard steelers fan. Got really mad earlier this season when my Saints whooped up on them. Hhahah.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
          I know I'd love to see the Saints vs Bears rematch for the NFC title game. I think the Jaguars will eventually fall and Indianapolis will be there to take over.

Chiefs @ Baltimore in the wild card. Baltimore wins.
          Colts @ Jets in the wild card. Colts win.
          Baltimore @ the Pats in the AFC game. Baltimore wins.
          Colts @ Pittsburgh in the AFC game. Pittsburgh wins.
          Pittsburgh @ Baltimore in the AFC title game. Baltimore wins.

Rams @ Falcons in the wild card. Falcons win.
          Giants @ Eagles in the wild card. Eagles win.
          Eagles @ Saints in NFC game. Saints win.
          Falcons @ Bears in NFC game. Bears win.
          Saints @ Bears in NFC title game. Saints win.

New Orleans vs Baltimore for the Super Bowl. Saints win.
          The Packers will knock the Giants out of the playoff picture if they don't win the North.

I also don't see Baltimore beating the Patriots, although I think that would be a great game to watch. I could see a Patriots/Colts championship game this year. Colts are coming back on when it matters most.
          Last edited by Lone Sailor; 12-10-2010, 10:04 AM.

Comment

What sucks for the Saints is Atlantas home stretch schedule, i see them going 3-1 the rest of the way, twice with Carolina and one with Seattle. I think the Saints take the game between them. Saints win out, which leaves them at a tie and same conference record, so how is that tie breaker done?

I see Giants dropping 3 of last 4, Packers make it not Giants. Eagles are who scares me here. I would love to see Philly Versus NO NFC champ. LOVE IT, lots has to happen though.

AFC doesn't matter who makes it where, it is New Englands year. The Jets are finding ways to win, but not an impressive football team yet. Defense can win games, but not championships. Takes both, when the Steelers won Ben had impressive numbers. New England best all around team by far and they come to play week to week.

What I LOVE about this season is, the teams have to play the full schedule and not slack off toward the end. The way it should be 16 games, not 13.5 played.
            Last edited by zachary; 12-10-2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
              Defense can win games, but not championships. Takes both, when the Steelers won Ben had impressive numbers.
              I was going with your post until this. Defense DOES win Championships. On a consistent basis. Ben has 2 rings because of that defense.

Comment

What sucks for the Saints is Atlantas home stretch schedule, i see them going 3-1 the rest of the way, twice with Carolina and one with Seattle. I think the Saints take the game between them. Saints win out, which leaves them at a tie and same conference record, so how is that tie breaker done?

I see Giants dropping 3 of last 4, Packers make it not Giants. Eagles are who scares me here. I would love to see Philly Versus NO NFC champ. LOVE IT, lots has to happen though.

AFC doesn't matter who makes it where, it is New Englands year. The Jets are finding ways to win, but not an impressive football team yet. Defense can win games, but not championships. Takes both, when the Steelers won Ben had impressive numbers. New England best all around team by far and they come to play week to week.

I agree with most of what you said. Although I would really like to see a Packers/Eagles NFC Championship game.

Comment

How would they determine who wins the NFC South division if Saints and Falcons both have identical records? I'm guessing they go by majority of wins in the division?

Comment

I believe they start with divisional wins, and then if it's still a tie they go to conference wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                      I believe they start with divisional wins, and then if it's still a tie they go to conference wins.
                      It would still be a tie breaker.....

Atlanta is 7-1 right now
                      Saints are 7-2

If Saints beat Atlanta it's all tied up haha.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                        It would still be a tie breaker.....

Atlanta is 7-1 right now
                        Saints are 7-2

If Saints beat Atlanta it's all tied up haha.

They would still go by wins/losses in their division and conference to crown a divisional champ.
                        Last edited by Lone Sailor; 12-10-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          I was going with your post until this. Defense DOES win Championships. On a consistent basis. Ben has 2 rings because of that defense.
                          He also had better offensive numbers those seasons i do believe! I am a 50/50 believing kinda guy, just an opinion.

Saints and Falcons could have over all record tie, division tie, and conference tie...it is a possibility
                          Last edited by zachary; 12-10-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

He also had better offensive numbers those seasons!
                            Your numbers can really look good on offense when your defense is constantly creating turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              They would still go by wins/losses in their division and conference to crown a divisional champ.
                              I tried telling you already... If everything plays out right then it's all EXACTLY the same.

Atlanta 10-2 NFC conference games.
                              New Orleans 10-2 NFC conference games

Both would be tied with 5-1 divisional record.

So how do you split? Do you go by the margins of victory?

Comment

Working...
                              X