Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 worst NFL defenses take top 2 playoff seeds...thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 worst NFL defenses take top 2 playoff seeds...thoughts?

The two worst defenses (green bay and new England) take the top two seeds in the play offs.

I personally think if a defense can't pick up offensives mistakes (nobody is perfect right?) It is too much of a gamble to build a super heavy offensive team, but packers and pats are making it hard to to argue that point.

Should the Cowboys build a similar set up? If so should we count on Romo?

Go!
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Packers and Pats are making it work for the time being. But you can only play with fire for so long. They are on the razor sharp edge of expecting their QB's to have an All-Pro game, every game. And that just isn't physically or mentally possible.

At least one of the two will lose in the playoffs.

This is why I think the Saints might have the edge this time around. Their defense is just good enough.

As far as the Cowboys question, we already tried that. See the 2007 Cowboys.
    Last edited by mstng86; 01-03-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Go Patriots!!!
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

13-3 is a pretty good season. But learning and doing it for more than one season would've been nice.

But I agree. I think it is too much pressure and not sure how long it'll last.

A high powered offense sells tickets, a good defense wins championships???
        2014 GT
        2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I agree with mstng86...I honestly think Saints have the edge and I hate to say it that so do the Steelers/Ravens.
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

The Packers at least have some guys in the secondary that can make plays. Name one guy from the New England secondary?
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
              The Packers at least have some guys in the secondary that can make plays. Name one guy from the New England secondary?
              Patrick Chung
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Go Packers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  Patrick Chung
                  Chanks have no business playing football. Kinda like how Norwegians have no business claiming that they're Mexican. Puta.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    Chanks have no business playing football. Kinda like how Norwegians have no business claiming that they're Mexican. Puta.
                    Says the ladyboy cambodian.

Comment

Those teams have pretty damn good offenses, too.

Comment

The Saints, Packers and Pats all have elite quarterbacks. I like Romo, but he’s not the kind of player that you can depend upon to consistently play at the highest level. And I don’t think RHJ’s comparatively vanilla offensive scheme is conducive to that style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                          I agree with mstng86...I honestly think Saints have the edge and I hate to say it that so do the Steelers/Ravens.
                          I just want to point out the pitiful losses the Raven's suffered this year. Yikes!

Titans 26-13
                          Jaguars 12-7
                          Seahawks 22-17
                          Chargers 34-14

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                            The two worst defenses (green bay and new England) take the top two seeds in the play offs.

I personally think if a defense can't pick up offensives mistakes (nobody is perfect right?) It is too much of a gamble to build a super heavy offensive team, but packers and pats are making it hard to to argue that point.

Should the Cowboys build a similar set up? If so should we count on Romo?

Go!
                            Don't forget about the Saints. 30th worst pass defense. Pass happy teams have had lots of success against their secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              Don't forget about the Saints. 30th worst pass defense. Pass happy teams have had lots of success against their secondary.
                              I think people fail to realize the affect of a teams offense on its own defensive stats.

Think about it. If your offense is blowing out everyone, then your defense is dealing with offenses that are trying to catch up. When you have an offense like GB, NO, and NE, then your defense has to deal with the other team constantly throwing the ball. The game gets accelerated, playbooks are opened up more and those defenses see everything the other team has to offer.

that being said, I still like New Orleans defense more than GB's.

Comment

Working...
                              X