Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Haynesworth Suspended Rest Of Season

From Pro Football Talk

The Shanahan-Haynesworth feud officially has gone to the next level.

The Redskins have announced that Haynesworth has been suspended four games for conduct detrimental to the team. It’s the maximum penalty that a club can impose under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

“Despite the club’s numerous attempts to persuade Albert Haynesworth to abide by the terms of his contract, he has repeatedly refused to cooperate with our coaching staff in a variety of ways over an extended period of time,” coach Mike Shanahan said in a team-issued release. “Among other things, he has consistently indicated to our defensive coaches that he refuses to play in our base defense or on first-down or second-down nickel situations. He has also refused to follow the instructions of our coaches both during weekly practices and during actual games as well.

“Yesterday, when Albert was at Redskin Park, he told our General Manager Bruce Allen that he [Haynesworth] would no longer speak with me,” Shanahan said. “Although suspending any player is not a decision that a head coach enters into lightly, I believe the situation has reached the point where the club clearly has no alternative.”

The alternative would be to cut him, but cutting him would let him land with a new team, with no compensation to the Redskins. Look for the ‘Skins to trade him for whatever they can get in the offseason.

As to the question of whether the suspension allows the Redskins to recover signing bonus money from Haynesworth, it doesn’t. Under the current labor deal, a player may be forced to pay back money only if he deliberately holds out or if he retires.

As to the suspension, Haynesworth will have a right to challenge it via arbitration. The outcome will hinge on the evidence that the Redskins can produce of past behavior and warnings issued because of it, like the Eagles were able to do five years ago with Terrell Owens.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

No surprise there. Had a shitty practice Thursday, said he was 'sick' Friday but coaches all said he was obviously hung over, so they listed him as inactive this weekend. Then he got called out publicly by a teammate at a press conference. As if that wasn't enough, he got on a radio station there and started talking shit about the coaches, teammates, etc. Shanahan set up a meeting for Tuesday, and while on the radio show Haynesworth said "I'm not going in Tuesday, it will have to wait til Wednesday."

What a fucking chump this guy is. I hope he never plays another down in the NFL.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      What a fucking chump this guy is. I hope he never plays another down in the NFL.
      I agree completely. Worthless.

Comment

He simply had one badass year in the final year of his contract, then got paid and sat on it. Haynesworth will probably play in 2011, but I dont think it will be for the Washington Redskins. I saw this coming after he got his 100 million dollar contract. He is a lazy fatass that dosent want to earn his pay.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

And before any of his supporters come in here and start defending him....

Called out by Phillip Daniels...
          The Mike Shanahan era has begun at Redskins Park and Washington's players are buying in -- except for $100 million defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who again was a no-show for the team's second voluntary minicamp this weekend.

More or less the same story, but this one mentions the hangover, following a shitty Thursday practice, and them listing him as inactive.

Mike Shanahan will meet with Albert Haynesworth before discussing the latest saga surrounding the defensive lineman.

Hangover and radio interview -

The sad part is, none of this is new. He's openly stated he doesn't like the new DC, the new HC, or their new 3-4 schemes. But that kind of shit changes, and you're a professional. Deal with it.

What I want to know, is what his problem was last year, because he was bitching about the entire staff last season too!

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
            Haynesworth will probably play in 2011,
            No he won't. Nobody will be playing in 2011.

Comment

No he won't. Nobody will be playing in 2011.
              lol good point
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

No surprise there. Had a shitty practice Thursday, said he was 'sick' Friday but coaches all said he was obviously hung over, so they listed him as inactive this weekend. Then he got called out publicly by a teammate at a press conference. As if that wasn't enough, he got on a radio station there and started talking shit about the coaches, teammates, etc. Shanahan set up a meeting for Tuesday, and while on the radio show Haynesworth said "I'm not going in Tuesday, it will have to wait til Wednesday."

See that is all you do is read what is on espn.com or whatever sport site you look at. LMAO what a fucking loser. You know there is a world outside of sports.
                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                  See that is all you do is read what is on espn.com or whatever sport site you look at. LMAO what a fucking loser. You know there is a world outside of sports.
                  You want to borrow someone's jump to conclusions mat? It's called sports radio, Einstein. I heard all this on the way home from work yesterday.

LMAO, fucking loser! You know there is a world outside of espn.com, and the tv channels. It's a hobby, I like sports. I'm in a car 75% of my day or more. I listen to a lot of radio. But way to make yourself look like an even bigger (I didn't think it was even possible) dumbass, dumbass.
                  Last edited by bcoop; 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

We all knew this guy was a pile of shit and washed up well before he came to Washington in the 2009. It started with the stomping incident of a cowboys player in 2006(5 game suspension), then got cut by Tennessee 2 years later. Then the late start to training camp this year, plus being over weight and not being able to pass his physical or required tests, and now this, it's like beating a dead horse with this guy. He's a lazy has-been and shouldn't play another down in the NFL. There are a lot more deserving and talented players waiting for their turn to shine instead of plugging this fat slob in at DT. I mean cheese and rice, he's got a total of 16 tackles and 2.5 sacks this year. That is surely worth 100 million, right? Lmfao!

Comment

The dude is a cancer to the Skins, and a HUGE waste of cash and effort.

Just another example of the idiotic decisions that have decimated the Skins for over a decade.

I, as a fan, can only hope that Allen\Shanahan flushes 3/4 of this Snyder\Cerrato created Cluster F in the off season.

IMO its time to keep the few producers and talent players and bring in fresh and young talent.... it is sorely needed.

Hell, most starters on the offense for the skins would probably be backups for most other teams....

No deep threat
                      No running back
                      A sieve for an "offensive" line
                      A defense still learning the 3-4

Just wonderful....
                      Last edited by Gargamel; 12-08-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

they try to be the yankees of the nfl.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                          they try to be the yankees of the nfl.
                          Only they can't get the rings to show for it.

Comment

He's a bitch.

Comment

Working...
                            X